Romance wishlist

Tam

I know nothing of any "codes" you talk about. All I want is to be with my lover and I'm WITH him, so I care not in what toilet are any other people. Ever seen "Don Juan De Marco"? So if anybody simply envies 'cause I'm the happiest noldor in all worlds, I can only quote my dearest friend Monty - go, take yer blade and... ... ...

OK, now what's a "nolder"?

Doesn't your husband get jealous? ;)

Domi, in light of what you've said about thinking that this mod is probably dead, do you know if there will be a secion made here at G3 for such mods? Maybe an area labelled "inactive projects" or some such thing? IIRC Miella and Tabiya are "dead," too. Then perhaps someone else who is talented and knowledgable can take over such a project.

I hope you are mistaken, tho. Maybe HDR will be completed. I, for one, would love to see Kania happy and I would like to see Dalis get more of a story.

Yes, there is a section for Inactive projects. It's here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=85

It is really up to JPS to do whatever/whenever/however he plans to do. Unless someone starts making a completely separate and independent mod, obviously. This one is not the first HD romance; iirc there were two attempts before, Zan's being the one I was most familiar with, but Zan dissappeared even before JPS started his attempt. As for Kania's happiness, in all honesty, it is more likely that she will be happier without it than with, as she seems to want a very particular interpretation of the character and a very strict flow of the romance that has some serious incongruity with the actual character in the game.

As for Kania's happiness, in all honesty, it is more likely that she will be happier without it than with, as she seems to want a very particular interpretation of the character and a very strict flow of the romance that has some serious incongruity with the actual character in the game.

Actually, I could say the same for Valygar in CR. ;)

Really, Edwin's ToB sappiness, Kivan romancing PC, Valygar's new quest, all Xan romances, Jaheira/Cernd banter in Banter Pack, Anomen's rose flirt, Branwen abandoning PC - someone will always pop up and say: "Listen ye all, they are all quite far from actual interpretation! So sayeth me!"

So, I'd rather download and play what I have, even if I sometimes see something different from how I, personally, imagine the character. ;)

Oh, I agree, it's just Kania seems to react with extreme volatility every time someone says anything that is not in line with what she thinks is appropriate. Playing a mod for a non-original character takes a certain degree of laxity. (Shrugs)

As for Kania's happiness, in all honesty, it is more likely that she will be happier without it than with, as she seems to want a very particular interpretation of the character and a very strict flow of the romance

Gee, t'is not a trouble at all, I'd say. I AM silly so I'm unable to actually make a MOD (my Garrick attempt is something awful so far :D ) but I'm not THAT silly that I can't CHANGE what I don't like if it is a "non-Dalis" thing. Rewriting and redoing somebody's work is something I do quite well for some reason. ... And imagine my surprise when I found out that one my friend turned out to be a fine coder! :D We could even pick up the project if Master JPS will officially refuse it. :D ( ;))

Aww, Minarvia, you're so niiiice, thanks!

Neriana, and WHO asks my husband??? ;)

Interesting. I guess, yes, one can always do that. I dunno why, maybe because I mod a lot myself, I like taking other people's mods at their face value, either accepting or rejecting them. I prefer to consider the 3rd party player content as inflexible. It will take fun out of playing for me, for example, taking out Xan's leaving in the end of SoA much as I found it disappointing and say recoding his frindship sequence so that it continue in ToB, or hacking Amber's romance variable (much as I disagree with it) or re-writing Solaufein from ground up, or cutting out whatever it was that that irritated me in Kelsey ToB. Yes, I changed someone's mod once, and ended up really offending the person with what I thought was a very funny joke. Even though I *do* have a full control over the content installed on my machine, I prefer to think that I do not, otherwise it's not playing for me, it's modding, and I prefer to separate the two. I think, I'd rather replace the character with another one.

Xan ToB will be written eventually, and his departure will be taken out. I did not want to write ToB portion myself, since I wanted it to be better than SoA, not "more of the same". That's why the first release was SoA-only.

Er, sorry for the off-topic. But I guess it will be split anyway...

Interesting. I guess, yes, one can always do that. I dunno why, maybe because I mod a lot myself, I like taking other people's mods at their face value, either accepting or rejecting them. I prefer to consider the 3rd party player content as inflexible. It will take fun out of playing for me, for example, taking out Xan's leaving in the end of SoA much as I found it disappointing and say recoding his frindship sequence so that it continue in ToB, or hacking Amber's romance variable (much as I disagree with it) or re-writing Solaufein from ground up, or cutting out whatever it was that that irritated me in Kelsey ToB. Yes, I changed someone's mod once, and ended up really offending the person with what I thought was a very funny joke. Even though I *do* have a full control over the content installed on my machine, I prefer to think that I do not, otherwise it's not playing for me, it's modding, and I prefer to separate the two. I think, I'd rather replace the character with another one.

I actually would re-write some mods if I ever had the time, but only for my own personal use. (Kelsey's incredibly irritating self-flagellation about actually having a sex life before he met the PC comes to mind. I want to be able to tell him I DON'T CARE.) However, I wouldn't release those rewrites to the web, they'd just be for me. And I'd rather work on a mod of my own than do that in the first place... one day I shall have time again to do that, hopefully. Real life can be a real bummer.

Anyway, I think multiple versions of an in-game PC would be a fine thing. So if someone else wants to write a Haer'Dalis romance from the ground up, I don't think there would be anything wrong with that, though I don't think they should poach anything JPS has already done. I also have a little more hope than Domi that JPS will release a version. I know that sometimes there just isn't time for things like this -- but that, eventually, both time and motivation often do return.

:D;) Surely I'll never put MY Dalis-romance version anywhere too! Who else would like to have only two variants of PC's name (Kania/Aekanaro) and ONLY romantic path of romance with a large part of PC's masohism? ;)

As for modding itself I'm truly confused with Garrick - his friendship with male PC looks like flirting and female PC's romancing resembles Anomen's. Phew. :D Why can't I redo after myself? :D

Archived