IESDP soundset offsets

Miloch

These sounds are actually from dialogs, somewhat like banters in bg1, and fire randomly, just like banters. If I understand right, they don't even need to be referenced in .cre. Check bjahei.dlg from bg1 (in bgt it's mrged into bjaheir.dlg), for example

Yeah, it's the same with the INTERACTION clips in _kivan.cre and lines from _bkivan.dlg (in Tutu).

So what happens if they're referenced in the CRE but not in dialogue, anything? Trying to decide if some would be better served as insult/compliment/special clips.

Yeah, it's the same with the INTERACTION clips in _kivan.cre and lines from _bkivan.dlg (in Tutu).

So what happens if they're referenced in the CRE but not in dialogue, anything? Trying to decide if some would be better served as insult/compliment/special clips.

AFAIK, there are no such cases when INTERACTION is referenced only from .cre (at lest, in original NPCs). You seem to read my thoughts, however=). I copied some interaction lines to compliments/insults - it's a waste to see them only once per game (or not a single time at all).

In BG1, DEATH.2DA (1 = activates death reaction) and INTERACT.2DA (i = insult, c = compliment, s = special) determined which CRE sound slots were used when a party member died or the internal banter timer expired and reset. I believe this functionality is lost in BG2/Tutu due to using the BG2 engine, thus making these sound slots seem useless.

Also if you look at BG1's CH1CUTxx.BCS scripts you can see Bioware using the VerbalConstant action to activate CRE sound slots. The same script action exists in BG2.

Hope that made some sense; I'm having a cold and not thinking straight.

In BG1, DEATH.2DA (1 = activates death reaction) and INTERACT.2DA (i = insult, c = compliment, s = special) determined which CRE sound slots were used when a party member died or the internal banter timer expired and reset. I believe this functionality is lost in BG2/Tutu due to using the BG2 engine, thus making these sound slots seem useless.

actually, death.2da only determines if death reaction is generic or specific, not if it happens or not (and it's noted in iedsp). And this functionalty is not lost in BG2.

Edit: never knew about VerbalConstant, though. Thanks for letting know

Interesting. So even in BG2, death.2da and interact.2da only contain the BG1 NPCs. Does BG2 just not use this functionality, even though presumably it works? Does it accomplish the same thing via dialogue or some other means?

death.2da only determines if death reaction is generic or specific, not if it happens or not (and it's noted in iedsp).
So, this one actually says death variable in the IESDP, but it doesn't define the row/column relation either. Is it the column for the NPC who dies and the row for the one who makes a comment?

Archived