New EasyTutu Version Now Available

Hello -

I'm pleased to announce that a new version of EasyTutu is now online and available for download.

This latest release finally represents what I consider to be a fully realized implementation of the Baldur's Gate game converted into the Baldur's Gate 2 engine. To begin, the conversion of the in-game journal to a Baldur's Gate 2 organized journal style has at long last been completed. Also exciting in this release is the changeover to Baldur's Gate 2 spells -- EasyTutu uses converted BG1 spells no longer. In addition, I am very pleased to note that the applicable fixes from G3's BG2 Fixpack have now been integrated into EasyTutu. G3's fixes, taken in combination with my own work over several months of careful testing, have really helped to create a very polished end product. With all of these features fully implemented, and with the complete redesign of the spawn system in a prior release, I can say that all of my primary goals for EasyTutu have been achieved.

In order to help promote this new release of EasyTutu, I have prepared and exhaustively playtested a new mod, Hard Times. Follow the preceding link for full details and for the download.

I'd like to extend a sincere word of thanks to everyone who participated in the recent EasyTutu beta and took the time to post feedback. Your reports enabled me to hone in very quickly on the issues which resulted from the changeover to BG2 spells and get them addressed. Thanks to your efforts, everyone who downloads this new release will enjoy a much more stable end product.

The full details of everything included in this release can be found in the EasyTutu changelog. Enjoy!

WHOOOOT!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby announce that I will be generally unavailable for awhile. I shall be found touring the Sword Coast, courtesy of Macready, Knight Fixer of Bugs and Perfector of Tutu, and DavidW, Intelligence Enhancer of Artificials and Multiplier of Difficulty Levels.

Long Live the Once and Future Kings of Tutu.

Hello -

I forgot to mention two things:

* The OSX archives have also been updated with all the new goodies.

* If you are a fan of BG1NPC, you MUST use v15 or better with this release. This is due to an issue of my making, and has nothing to do with the BG1NPC folks (even though it might look it as v14 fails to install). I noted that on the EasyTutu page, but I had wanted to mention it in this announcement as well.

Taking a quick look through the Hard Times .tp2 file it doesn't seem to scan for any mod created items, unless a mod increases the number of existing items already on an existing merchant. It should probably go earlyish in the install order.

Archived