question about version 6

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hello,

I'm glad to see v6 out! Well done.

In particular i like that option you menmtion in the post you put up about turning off pre buffing. I wanted to have smarter mages/priests so much but did not like just any old NPC going around with stoneskin, it really looked bad, and it seems you've "fixed" it.

I'm about to try the v6 myself, but was wondering exactly how to use this console option; is the command etc detailed in the readme or somewhere?

Also, do i only need to turn off all prebuffing once in my game and never need to use the console again (would be good for immersion to not have to keep doing it of course!)?

One last thing; i wasn't going to use any prebuffing anyways, but as i say, the stoneskinned people still cropped up - so does this new option onlly work if you have used option 1 or 2 of the smarter components, or will also disable the few prebuffs used by option 3 folk?

Many thanks for any help!

Guest Guest
Check the readme for console instructions. It turns off stoneskin etc for neutrals only; it doesn't affect hostiles (they still get stoneskin whatever, shorter-term buffs on options 1-2)

So if i choose option 3, and then enter the following:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWNoNeutralPrebuff","GLOBAL",1)

Just to confirm, would I get:

no short term prebuffs for anyone.

No long term buffs for blue circles - even if they later turn hostile...would the stoneskin be automatically applied to them if/when they do turn hostile? or would they need to cast it as normal.

Long term buffs for red circles though.

Out of curiosity, what other buffs are considered long term that you apply even under option 3?

Thanks once again.

Oh and once i've entered the above command, do i ever need to re-enter it? Or will the game remember it.

Like everytime i load the game again...or entering a new area etc?...

Check the readme for console instructions. It turns off stoneskin etc for neutrals only; it doesn't affect hostiles (they still get stoneskin whatever, shorter-term buffs on options 1-2)

So if i choose option 3, and then enter the following:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWNoNeutralPrebuff","GLOBAL",1)

Just to confirm, would I get:

no short term prebuffs for anyone.

yes.

No long term buffs for blue circles

Yes.

- even if they later turn hostile...would the stoneskin be automatically applied to them if/when they do turn hostile?

Automatically applied.

Long term buffs for red circles though.

Yep.

Out of curiosity, what other buffs are considered long term that you apply even under option 3?

Protection from Magic Energy, various Protection from elements, Minute Meteors. Basically anything with a duration of over a couple of hours.

Thanks once again.

Oh and once i've entered the above command, do i ever need to re-enter it? Or will the game remember it.

Like everytime i load the game again...or entering a new area etc?...

It remembers it.

Protection from Magic Energy, various Protection from elements, Minute Meteors. Basically anything with a duration of over a couple of hours.

wait, since when Protection from Magic Energy and protections from elements last more then several hour (or even 1)?

Archived