Tweakpack compatibility

Lunever

Hi all!

Now thanks to this forum I got the Tweakpack installed and enjoy it very much. Great work! Thanks to the creators!

What I wonder now is: I installed all of the Fixpack and selected about a third of the tweaks. Now if I connect with someone for a multiplayer game who does not have installed the Tweakpack or has installed a different selection of tweaks, just how compatible are we?

Especially I would like to know about the modification of the weapon proficiencies. One of the first things I absolutely didn't like in BG2 was having the BG1 weapon groups being split up into separate proficiencies - you never have the right proficiency for the stuff you find. One of the first things I did like in BG2 was the introduction of combat style proficiencies, so naturally I selected the tweak "BG1 proficiencies with BG2 styles".

This at first completely changed proficiencies like from a sword to blunt weapons for my existing characters, but that I could repair with Shadowkeeper. What am I to do if I want to port a character or savegame to a machine without this tweak?

I wonder, there are now lots of "unsused" proficiency slots. Would it be possible to modify the tweak so that the unused slots duplicate the BG2 proficiencies and every weapon has 2 proficiency entries like "large sword/katana"? So any character with either large sword or katana proficciency could us it? If so, would a character that was modified by Shadowkeeper be compatible to installations with and without the tweak? And if so, is there anybody out there with the knowledge who would be willing to perform such an endeavor?

Now if I connect with someone for a multiplayer game who does not have installed the Tweakpack or has installed a different selection of tweaks, just how compatible are we?
Not compatible. Multiplayer games must have the exact same mods in the exact same order.
What am I to do if I want to port a character or savegame to a machine without this tweak?
From the readme: "If you import your characters to another game without this component you will need to use Shadowkeeper to change their proficiencies to the standard BG2 set."
I wonder, there are now lots of "unsused" proficiency slots. Would it be possible to modify the tweak so that the unused slots duplicate the BG2 proficiencies and every weapon has 2 proficiency entries like "large sword/katana"?
The "unused" proficiencies don't show up in the game interface, which I believe is hardcoded in this respect. However, the BG1 proficiencies are already present in BG2 (0 = "Large Sword", 1 = "Small Sword", etc.). They're also handled differently in the character record (CRE at fields 0x6f etc.), whereas BG2-style proficiencies are attached effects. Points in the BG1 proficiencies should also cover the BG2-style ones. For example, if you're proficient in BG1 "Large Swords" you can also use BG2 long swords, bastard swords, two-handed swords and so on.

So if I have 2 players with the Tweakpack installed but one of them installed it ages ago and doesn't remember anymore which tweaks exactly he has installed - I suppose it's best to remove and reinstall the Tweakpack? Is there an easy way to remove the Tweakpack? Or better, is there a way to make the Tweakpack put out a list of tweaks installed?

Look at your WeiDU.log file in your game folder to see what you have installed. To uninstall or reinstall Tweaks, click on Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe. Usually Tweaks is installed last so you can do this sort of fine tuning (i.e. tweaking) easily.

Archived