6.2 Suggestions thus far

I rather doubt every last shadow thief is supposed to be true neutral, and I don't think that statement implies that either. It's just the alleged alignment of the organisation as a whole; surely there's individual variance therein. I don't know if I'd change anything unless it's clearly bogus, such as "none" alignments.

It's just the alleged alignment of the organisation as a whole

The alignment of the organisation as a whole was the rubric applied to doubtful cases, though (Kevin Martins is only saying that Aran Linvail is neutral, however, not the Shadow Thieves in toto). I'm curious about which alignment system he's using that pegs murder, torture, and slavemongering as "not evil if you only order someone else to do it" - but not curious enough to let this thread degenerate into another digression on "my alignment IRL".

Fork continued discussion to damned alignment threads please :cool:

The problem wasn't that Aran is pegged as a murderer, torturer, and slavemongerer, but that they put Aran (who doesn't ever come off as totally evil) in with murderers, torturers, and slavemongerers.

The way it's portrayed in the game, however, definitely sweeps aside this whole "I know you're trying to roleplay a good paladin angel of mercy; the Shadow Thieves aren't evil -- Aran is True Neutral! True Neutral!" rot. The alignment system he used is clearly the one where they only had resources available to implement two paths without ever sitting back and wondering if either would be prohibitively good or prohibitively evil.

In other words, it's an excuse for not having a "good" route to Spellhold. We'll do what he says, of course, but it's a total copout.

Oh, and don't tell me what to fork. Fork you! :p

We'll do what he says, of course, but it's a total copout.

Won't be the first thing we've done that no one really agreed with :cool:

Oh, and don't tell me what to fork. Fork you! ;)

I KNEW IT UR CHOATIC GOOD LOLOLOL

Won't be the first thing we've done that no one really agreed with :)
Yeah, but this is one of the precious few cases where we don't have to entertain any discussion.

So much better when there's somebody else to blame. ;-)

Archived