Need a few strings

Miloch

Lizard Marsh is referenced in Bub's biography, but unfortunately whoever translated that did not give it a real name either, referring to an attack of lizardmen from there just as "Echsenmenschen aus dem Sumpf."

Would "Echsensumpf" work, going by that? I got some hits on it, but I don't know if they're FR-related.

I looked around for a map too and didn't have much luck. This shows the area, but not in detail. Lizard Marsh would be southeast of Tiefwasser (Waterdeep) before Hochmoor (High Moor).

karte_sk.gif

@1424 = ~[bub03] Ich bin dafür, dass wir das Geplauder überspringen und gleich zum Töten kommen.~ [DSBUB03] //BATTLE_CRY1
This was one (and pretty much the only one) of Bub's clips in the original game which we did not change in English ("I'd rather we just skip the small talk and get right to the killin'."). The Bioware German had it as:
Ich würde jetzt gerne mit dem Gelaber aufhören und gleich zum Töten kommen.
I'm sure your translation is better, but is the Bioware version acceptable? This would give him at least that one line voiced (until if and when someone wants to voice him in German). Also, he has "Und, wie?" for "Yeah mate?" though I'm sure your "Ja, Kumpel?" is better also (but again, I think the "Und, wie?" is voiced already).
@1439 = ~[bub23] Jepp, okay!~ [DSBUB23] //SELECT_ACTION4
I think I've seen you translate something similar (perhaps one of Bardo's lines) as "Yepp." Are both spellings acceptable in German?
The Bioware German had it as:
Ich würde jetzt gerne mit dem Gelaber aufhören und gleich zum Töten kommen.
I'm sure your translation is better, but is the Bioware version acceptable?

Sure, this will do.

Also, he has "Und, wie?" for "Yeah mate?" though I'm sure your "Ja, Kumpel?" is better also (but again, I think the "Und, wie?" is voiced already).

I don't really like it (doesn't seem to make sense).

But take it if you want to, voice is more important.

@1439 = ~[bub23] Jepp, okay!~ [DSBUB23] //SELECT_ACTION4
I think I've seen you translate something similar (perhaps one of Bardo's lines) as "Yepp." Are both spellings acceptable in German?

Oh well, I think you won't find either of them in a dictionary. In my opinion "Jepp" is preferable. The SoA translation also uses "Jep" and "Yep".

iirc, Tarnesh had that soundset.
Yeah, it's a generic one you probably find on several CREs. Luckily, it was only that one line, except for the damage sounds and the two-worder. We retained them in a similar voice, in case there are any "purists" (:)) who object to changed "content" - not that I'd consider that content really, since it isn't mod content. But also there's enough new content now so he no longer sounds generic. I don't think the "Und, wie?" is worth retaining though - like Taimon says, it doesn't make much sense and != "Yeah mate?"

Archived