If I am not a female romancing Viccy...

This mod looks great, and I am very pleased that it made a come back after it was so wrongfully forgotten back at Forgotten Wars Projects.

Something I am curious of, though, is if I am not a female romancing Viconia, will the game still be effected? Will there be any differences?

Heya,

This mod looks great, and I am very pleased that it made a come back after it was so wrongfully forgotten back at Forgotten Wars Projects.

Something I am curious of, though, is if I am not a female romancing Viconia, will the game still be effected? Will there be any differences?

If you're playing a male PC there won't be any changes, I'm afraid.

However, this is not just about a female PC romancing Viconia. In fact, actually getting to the point of romancing her with a female PC is going to be rather difficult, because not only do you have to win her friendship (and trust), you also have to pique her interest (give her the notion that you might actually be interested in persuing a romance with her). Think of it as adding a developing relationship with multiple paths and resolutions...

I have found it quite frustrating that Bioware (and Black Isle) seems to have this idea that women can't be friends with other women. If your PC was female in the basic game, you got one conversation with Viconia. One. The rest of Viconia's conversations are her love talks with a male PC or banters with other NPCs.

One other thing I'd like to do is plug up some rather large plot holes in Viconia's story. I am a touch hesitant to do this, since I'm sure not everyone sees Viconia the same way I do (which was part of my reason for the Viconia's Religion thread). Even if I do, the changes won't be seen by a male PC as I'm not touching that part of her. (At least for the moment - the project is big enough as it is without me adding more work for myself. :groucho:)

Only you know what you plan to write But

Just because a conversation is triggered by a timer and increments a game variable does not mean that the participants need to be considered as romancing, if you are talking about making friends and winning trust prior to the development of a deeper friendship, some of the early conversatons, or even later options could be gender (& /or VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE) dependent based thus telling a dfferent story(albeit shorter) for people choosing to RP male charaters.

For what it's worth, I always hated the fact that I could not play a male CHARNAME who was a caring, supportive friend to Vic, Jaheira or Aerie without developing a romance. I would love to see a friendship tract developed for Vic; I think it could be far more interesting and worthwhile than the current romance.

For what it's worth, I always hated the fact that I could not play a male CHARNAME who was a caring, supportive friend to Vic, Jaheira or Aerie without developing a romance. I would love to see a friendship tract developed for Vic; I think it could be far more interesting and worthwhile than the current romance.

Amen to that, brother. I was just thinking that same thing just last night after I created this thread.

What's even sillier is the fact that neither Viconia nor Aerie have quests or encounters that don't involve their respective romances, unless you count Viccy's bout with the racists in the Temple District and Aerie's circus problems.

Ah, it's a shame male PCs won't see a difference with this mod installed, but I see what you're saying, Zandilar; It would be a ton of work.

Heya,

Amen to that, brother. I was just thinking that same thing just last night after I created this thread.

Viconia is such an interesting character, whether or not it was by design or by flaw (neglect of canon Realms, inconsistencies in her story both between BG1 and BG2 and within BG2 itself). The fact that the only real interaction with Viconia is via her romance (and both of her quests got cut from the game - thank the gods!), is neglectful. But they did have time, budget, and space limitations... *sigh* Certainly as a female who plays female characters, I would have liked to develop friendships with the three girls as well. Instead, without alteration to the game, I'm stuck with Anomen as the "romance" (I know some girls really like him) and the only character I can sort of interact with. (Every single game I've left him to rot in the Copper Coronet... What kind of a "knight" would hang around there anyway??)

What's even sillier is the fact that neither Viconia nor Aerie have quests or encounters that don't involve their respective romances, unless you count Viccy's bout with the racists in the Temple District and Aerie's circus problems.

That is one thing that drove me potty playing with a female PC. I don't play male PCs, call it a "role playing tic" of mine. (Way way back when I first started RPing, my very very first character was male. But since then, they've all been girls.) The fact that my choice of gender closed more quests and dialogues than it opened, I feel, is quite wrong. Maybe it should have closed some things, but other things should have been opened. But we all know that the target audience of games like BG2 are males in their late teens early 20s - because women constitute such a small market share (one that is growing, though), I guess we girls have to learn to live with that until developers sit up and take better notice of their female audience.

Ah, it's a shame male PCs won't see a difference with this mod installed, but I see what you're saying, Zandilar; It would be a ton of work.

I've been thinking about this a touch. We're planning a sequence of forced talks with Viconia. If any of them are rather... err generic in nature... then it would be possible to open them up to both genders. But that's not really the focus of this mod, as I said.

Any female gamers are few and far between, it's a shame I know and I'm sure it will be a long time before that demographic is taken into consideration, however I (being male) often play females and am most dissapointed at the lack of attention they are recieving on the gaming front as a whole. Anyway.......

Archived