I've a curious stuttering issue with the Refinements Shapeshifting fix

Bursk

The above component is causing my game to pause every other second when the protagonist is in shapeshifted form. The game is fine when my druid is in human form, but as soon as I shapeshift the game freezes for a second, then unfreezes, then freezes again etc.

If I turn back to human, the freezing goes away until I shapeshift to another form. Also, what is interesting is that if I stay shapeshifted but then select another character, the freezing goes away, even though the protagonist is still in shapeshift form. So it only seems to occur with the protagonist shapeshifted and selected.

I freed Jaheria from her cage and had her shapeshift, but there wasn't any freezing. Here's my WeiDU.log (I installed all these mods with WeiDU 20600):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #31 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting to animal (by Borsook)

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1

Maybe someone else could do a quick test for me and see if they have the same problem. The problem goes away if I uninstall the Shapeshifting fix (the stuttering happens with both versions of the Shapeshifting fix), so I'm sure it's that that's causing this.

Can't really reproduce this. I tried your setup minus the widescreen mod.

You mentioned that you have to select the PC to get this stuttering. Is party AI enabled?

If so, try disabling it. (And if that helps, the issue is most likely triggered by your dplayer3.bcs.)

I get the stuttering regardless of the party AI setting.

I think I'll do a fresh install of the game and this time install only the Shapeshifting fix. Both you and bigg have now said that you don't have this issue, so I'll try to work out if it's my end.

Well, I reinstalled the game and this time just the Shapeshifting fix, and I still have the same problem. My last reinstall of XP Pro was a while ago, so it could just be that Windows needs to be reinstalled.

If you are familiar with any IE editing tool (like Near Infinity) you could try the following: Open up wolfm.itm and take a look at the global effects. Change the delay on the various effects (cast spell, ...) to something bigger like 20 and see if this somehow affects your stuttering bug. (You need to shapeshift into a wolf to test this.)

After clicking on the item and with the "View" tab active you should see the "Global effects" in the bottom right of the window. Select one and click on the "View/Edit" button below. Then look for a row that's called "Time" and change the value (double-click on it) to something bigger (like 20 or so). Do this for all global effects. When you are done, just select another item and NI should ask you, if you want to save the changes.

Test ingame with the wolf shapeshifting.

Archived