An Odd Question or Two

celticrose

Hello,

Just a question of two . . . :p

Wait, where are my manners ?

First may I say Domi, that you have out done yourself. You have done a wonderful job on this mod,(for a busy woman I am not sure where you find the time).

I have been playing it for less than a week, as work permits, and have been totally smitten with your characters and story, :(

That said . . . I am dabbling with a little fan-fiction with some of the characters and was wondering if somewhere in your info-gathering you came across the year this story takes place.

I read somewhere else in this forum that it was approx. 55 yrs before BG 2 SOA, is that right?

Just thought it would be nice to tag the story with the name of the year.

Thank-you for all the time and trouble you have put into this mod,

Cheers, :p

CelticRose

Quick Edit by CR:

I was reading on another site/forum and it was estimated that IWD 2 was around 1302-ish?:(

Sound right??

Thanks!

Guest Guest_Alinia_*

This may not be the best source of info, but in a certain edition of the BG2 game (can't remember which), there's a bonus CD with a merchant who sells items from the first Icewind Dale. He said the events of that game happened about 100 years before BG2. In the IWD2 manual, I think it says that it takes place about 30 years after the first one. So I always thought of IWD2 taking place about 70 years before BG2.

I don't know the exact dates or anything, though . . . plus the dates seem a little funny in the games, as I recall. :p

BTW, if you do write IWD2 NPC fan fiction, that would be awesome. :p

My Journal in IWD2 says that Day One of the game is Mirtul 2, 1312, which places it ~55 years before BG1, which starts in 1367 iirc. I don't know if the Journals are the same for all characters, but I suspect that they are :p

I am glad you like the characters :p and it will be great to see your fan-fiction. Just don't forget to post it at G3. :(

My Journal in IWD2 says that Day One of the game is Mirtul 2, 1312, which places it ~55 years before BG1, which starts in 1367 iirc. I don't know if the Journals are the same for all characters, but I suspect that they are :p

I am glad you like the characters :p and it will be great to see your fan-fiction. Just don't forget to post it at G3. :(

Okay, (big breath), I posted the first chapter over in the fan-fiction site. I would link it but I am unsure how to do so.

And again Domi, thank-you for sharing.

I've just downloaded this too. One wonders if Nord swears like that around the other paladins! (Makes a change for all those "for right and honour" types, though!)

The portraits are very nice but I'm curious if the Prachi portrait was based on Naima Mora, winner of America's Next Top Model cycle 4. Little piccy of her here: http://www.realitynewsonline.com/images/antm4naima3.jpg

They do look quite similar. :p (Now I'm ashamed I admitted to watching that show...oh well).

Nice work so far.

Yep, Sir Nord swears whenever he feels like it and says exactly what he thinks... that's why he is still in the field. He has a couple of dialogues/banters that indirectly touch upon that issue. :p

As for portraits you will need to ask MissCake whom she used as a model :p

I just downloaded this mod last night and began playing my first Icewind Dale 2 game. After having the game crash on me during my party creation (causing me to recreate my party three times), I finally got into the game. I must say, the dialogue so far is very nice; I was always given the impression that Icewind Dale 2 is more hack n' slash, but the dialogue is still top-notch. It didn't take long for it to crash again, however. And again. And again. It then dawned on me that maybe something was wrong. Any tips? I experienced slowdown as well, which is why I felt I should post it here; if this isn't the thread for my concerns, then I sincerely apologize.

The only things I have installed on Icewind Dale 2 is the official patch and IWD2 NPC Project.

A fast response would be appreciated; I'm eager to get back into the game. :)

Archived