Comments for the Icewind Dale 2 FF

Domi

Yay, this is officially the first fan-fiction piece for the modded game.

It makes me wish I did have time to do the NWN2 version of the game. Your story really reminds me just how much fun and how important those 'I can join you' meetings are...

I like the parallel you draw between the tight upbringing of the protagonist and Rizdaer's obedience. Very neat. :p And I am curious as to who else is going to join the party!

Yay, this is officially the first fan-fiction piece for the modded game.

It makes me wish I did have time to do the NWN2 version of the game. Your story really reminds me just how much fun and how important those 'I can join you' meetings are...

I like the parallel you draw between the tight upbringing of the protagonist and Rizdaer's obedience. Very neat. :p And I am curious as to who else is going to join the party!

Thank-you :p It's kinda exciting to kick off the first fan-fiction piece. Especially since it is my first too.

I am curious as to who else will be joining as well. So far Anariel is calling all the shots.

I have ideas in my head and then as I sit down to write, she changes my mind. Sneaky elven female. I had thought she would be chaotic good but after she whispered what comes next aboard ship with one of the crew members, I am not so sure. It will be interesting to see. I think she has more of her father's hardness in her than she realizes.

Anyhow . . . oh, I have tried the NWN2 game and am still fighting the mechanics of the game. Haven't even gotten out of the pre-chapter stuff so I am very glad you chose to introduce Rizdaer in this mod.

CR

Nice story for your first fanfic here.

As far as I know, there is no indentation. However, the convention is, when starting a new paragraph, to put a space between both paragraphs instead.

Nice story for your first fanfic here.

As far as I know, there is no indentation. However, the convention is, when starting a new paragraph, to put a space between both paragraphs instead.

Thanks for the heads up.

CR

Good first chapter. I'm really looking forward to the next.

On a squeeing fangirl note - I'm really happy Rizdaer's in this. He's one of the few reasons I forced myself to complete the game in the first place.

So glad you are enjoying it and thank-you for your kind words.

The second chapter is 'in progress' and promises a little bit of Rizdaer's POV.

It will be interesting filling in all of the blanks of the game. (I am a fangirl of Rizdaer's as well ;) )

I have to admit that I have not played thru the entire game yet so,

I am trying to play the game thru with our handsome, brooding drow and write,

so please forgive the pause between chapters. That and real life work keeps getting in the way :D

Again, thank-you for your patience,

CR

Hey, what do you think of this as a title, "A Winter's Tale" :D?

I am terrible at titles.

Any suggestions?

:)

Well, if it were a Rizdaer's-centric tale, I'd suggest the Daybreak as a title, but I am as hopeless with the titles as the next person (just look at the titles of my projects, lol!) But the Winter Tale sounds good to me.

Diligently working on the second chapter now that I have a few days off of work.

Though more about titles . . . ugh :)

I was hoping the story itself would give me inspiration, something clever, or something that was . . . oh, I don't know . . .

sigh. Well, I shall be patient and continue to try and bribe my muse.

Thanks for the suggestions :D

CR

Okay all you drow -lovers, (and I mean that in the nicest way :D )

What color eyes do you see Rizdaer having? There are soooo many choices really.

I have read where it is not unheard of for some drow to have tell-tale signs of human or surface elf in their blood from raids etc, especially soldiers.

Domi has more or less allowed for the individual to fill in some of the blanks in Rizdaer's history, esp. family history.

(Unless there are clues I haven't read yet in the game play ??)

So, I am seeing our hunky, brooding, surly, tallish/broad shouldered drow as having a family history of being a soldier/fighter . . .

Perhaps 5'6 ish (tall for a drow); Domi has written him as lithe and athletic. I of course have added a pair of broad shoulders, he needs them you see to hold up his armor, ( :) ).

And if you haven't guessed, yes I am partial to Rizdaer. But, one never knows. I have learned that what you intended to write and what you do write are sometimes two different things.

Well, I am off to write a bit more . . .

CR

He has light-amber eyes, and he is short, there are a couple of jokes about it in the mod. :)

Ah ha, must not have gotten to that spot yet . . . thanks for the heads up about the height and eye color. I haven't made up my mind yet as to who all will be in the party, any hints at who 'jokes' about Rizdaer's height . . . (Anariel is a petite thing for a surface elf so Rizdaer will still wind up being taller than the protagonist).

Anyhow thanks for the info,

CR

I think it's in one of the conversations with the PC. Plus, indirectly, Peony has hots for him, though it's mostly related with her attraction to everything and everyone out of the ordinary, but I think it's also because he is not as lanky as all other males, but is a hell of a warrior nontheless. :)

Doesn't Hildury also make a comment about not being afraid of anything smaller than her, at which point Rizdaer says she's obviously never met a raging dwarf, or something...?

'Course since she's probably about six feet tall I think nearly everyone is smaller than her.

Archived