playing through with Amber (v2.3)

Elurin

After having some work done on my computer, i finally have it back (again) and am currently playing through with Amber (v2.3) -- I also have "Tortured Souls" installed (version 610 weidu). I didn't see anything mentioned here as far as compatability with TS, so i'll post any issues i find.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but i haven't encountered any problems.

UPDATE

I'm to the point in the relationship with Amber where she thanks you for coming to rescue her and you express your desire to be more than friends..

The only issues i've had at this point are two "no valid replies or links" appearing when Amber tried to talk to me (Once before kidnapping and once after she thanked me for the rescue).

As far as i can tell, The TS parts seem fine to this point, but i've never had it installed before so, i don't know for sure.

The only issues i've had at this point are two "no valid replies or links" appearing when Amber tried to talk to me (Once before kidnapping and once after she thanked me for the rescue).

Were these perhaps Amber initiated flirts? I already hunted couple of these down for an earlier version, but seems like there's still more. What's your PC race; if he's an half-ogre or of a 'short' race, that might be it.

Were these perhaps Amber initiated flirts? I already hunted couple of these down for an earlier version, but seems like there's still more. What's your PC race; if he's an half-ogre or of a 'short' race, that might be it.

Hi Meira.. Yeah, i'm pretty sure that it was Amber's flirts going haywire.. My PC's race is elf though.

I've seen the "no valid replies.." thing a few more times since then -though i did see her flirt go off normally too.

Since i posted this morning, i've progressed in the relationship to just after their first kiss during guard duty. I haven't seen any more of the "no valid reply" since then, and she's flirted once without issue.

I'll update again later :D

UPDATE:

Before i go any further, i should mention that i've been romancing Amber with Player2.. sorry about that. It sorta slipped my mind because that's how i've been playing from the start -i haven't even tried it with Player1 yet.

Ok, i'm to the point where Amber and the PC have their fight over religion and fate..

I haven't seen any more "no valid replies" with Amber's flirts, but there was a minor issue with Dialog options regarding the fight..

Amber expresses to you that she doesn't believe any deity would have her because of her demonic ancestry.

Player2 tries to suggest that there might be gods that would have her and that maybe she could be come a follower of the Bhaalspawn after he acsends to godhood..

I was given the option of responding with:

'well, when -bhaalspawn- inherits his father's power, you can become one of his followers'.

*and*

'well, when -I- inherit my father's power, you can become one of my followers'.

as if she was speaking to the bhaalspawn and not Player2

(forgive the misquoted lines.. my memory is terrible! ;) )

Haven't seen anything else so far, and i doubt that the issue i described above has anything to do with TS or compatability, but i figured that any problems i come across with both mods installed should probably be mentioned in this thread.

well, back to playing. (took a sick day off work! winter sucks for working outside)

Archived