comments on quest experience

Thank you, Ithildur, for your feed back!

Considering I am thinking about tuning down the rep awards, I think I will again lessen the XP, too, and return to my original small amounts. It's all added rewards, anyway, and as I said elsewhere, I hope the quests are worth the work by themselves, sort. of. :p

Just for the sake of discussion, I think you should balance the XP in your quests according to what you think they should amount to, and not whether player A has a megamod installation of Dark Side of the Sword Coast or whatever. If Player B only has regular Tutu, the added XP argument is nullified. And I really don't get what the issue is, BG1QE hardly gives out that much experience.

Just for the sake of discussion, I think you should balance the XP in your quests according to what you think they should amount to, and not whether player A has a megamod installation of Dark Side of the Sword Coast or whatever. If Player B only has regular Tutu, the added XP argument is nullified. And I really don't get what the issue is, BG1QE hardly gives out that much experience.

Yeah... you're missing the point. My point isn't that people with extra monty haul mods already get too much xp and loot so this mod doesn't need to add to that; my point is that this mod, unlike those monty haul mods, seems to be in the spirit of keeping things more subtle and tasteful and close to the original game experience, and thus it would make sense to keep xp rewards for these quests similar/in line with the original game's rewards for similar type of quests. If you leave the prologue with double the xp that you would've had originally and your popularity is already giving you a bonus with merchants and npc's it's a fairly significant shift in the game's balance and feel from the original. That may not be a big deal for many in the big scheme of things given that by the end of the game you have hundreds of thousands of xp potentially, but for some of us it is a noticible shift at the beginning of the game, where your pc is a poor, orphaned 20 year old inexperienced waif that doesn't know anyone and can be killed by gibblings. 500 xp doesn't mean a hill of beans at lvl 20, but at lvl 1 it's a huge chunk of xp; an extra 100 gp at lvl 20 is a non issue but at the beginning of the game it can be a big deal.

Ithildur, what would be your opinion on the Candlekeep quest XP reward idea, to give little in the prologue, and more if the quest is completed in chapter 6? (My opinion is that it doesn't make sense, but I am curious.)

jastey, I'd just like to say that I play this mod for the experience, not the experience points.

I'll agree to that - which incidentally does not mean I disagree with what Ithildur said.

Oh, and Uncle Bertie, you really need to register :p

Ithildur, what would be your opinion on the Candlekeep quest XP reward idea, to give little in the prologue, and more if the quest is completed in chapter 6? (My opinion is that it doesn't make sense, but I am curious.)

For what it's worth, I would agree that it'd make more sense to be consistent. Since the quest is available in the prologue and 99% of people will take it at that point, I'd suggest toning down the reward. If people decide to skip it and come back to it in ch6, it's still a very minor quest and doesn't justify an increased reward just because it's taken at later stage of the game. If someone made a choice to skip it and do it later for RP reasons, likely they won't care about the amount of xp gain anyway.

What about 50 xp like the rest of the prologue quests? ... and the same in chap 6?

What about 50 xp like the rest of the prologue quests? ... and the same in chap 6?

Yes, give the same XP like the other prologue quests have. And I think, like Ithildur does, that 99% of the gamers take this quest in chapter 1. So you don't need an additional solution for chapter 6. :blush:

Greetings Leomar

Archived