About Amber

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

First of all ,thank you for this great mod . Again you modder outta there added something amazing to BG 2 wich by the way is like being in heaven ! ;)

After playing Amber , I cannot wait to see the ToB part...really , Im eager to see what you will give us , and Im sure it will be mind blowing... :)

I loved the voicing , and the music...but in all...I loved her : I dunno (and please dont take this the wrong way) but she remind me of a drow..well...actually...that's what I always tough a Good drow would sound like..no attaching..no emotions attached..you know..like...she is free...really free..she doesnt dump on you her worry..or problem....wich is nice for a change but scary..especially when you are used to romance where your lover cling to you....

But in some of her talk..I dont know but I feel like there is much more missing..like she is so mysterious and the way she say thing . Maybe just my imagination but all along I just wanted to ask more and more question ;)

Now with the questions : *Maybe Spoiler*

1- In the ReadMe it say :

''3 mini-quests with copious dialogue complete with new areas (edited from original game areas)''

So correct me if Im wrong , but getting her from Prison , that is the 1st quest , then saving her from slaver is the 2nd quest right ? Where is the 3rd quest :(

2- What's better ? getting Amber as soon as you can...after saving Viconia from the lunatic...or after you get Imoen :(

3- Is there any place...special place where I souldn't miss taking her??? So far...there is no indication as to where there is more chitchat in some area then most ?

4- How come Amber can be mushy and I can't ?? In some of her romance talk..especially after I bring her back after I slew her : she go mushy on me..and when I answer her and say : Awww you gonna make me cry ! she just say : let's go now...What's with that ?? :p How can she be mushy and I cannot ?? :p

5-Im impressed with the change you made , the talk in the underdark and all....but how come in all the love talk there is no : Amber , I love you ?

Or if there...did I miss it :p?? :D I would have liked to see that , especially after that small talk she had with Imeon when she tell her that she love ''charname''.....

6- Can you tell me wich bioware NPC she has more talk with ...or wich NPC I can bring and it doesn't end in murder ?

7-Hum also...I encountered a bug...with Lorraine : we deafeted the wizard but she say there was only one thing left to do..and well...she just froze in her place . I couldn't talk to her , and even the strange machine..it delivered two beast but her son didn't show up...and lorraine just kept standing there . And well..I left the building and joined back with Amber...and the quest of Lorraine is still unfinished.....Any idea ?

And to end this..Im sorry for my bad english....and wish you the best in the upcoming mod that you are working on . :D

Guest Guest

Also I remembered two things I forget to ask :***SPOILER****

1- Do I have to start a romance say with Jaheira to see the conflict ? I mean..I have done Jaheira romance like a thousand time....but let's say Im interested in Amber..but I want to see the conflict...so...what do I do ? How do I get to see the bitching without losing her :p

2- Is amber compatible with the happy patch ? not the romance everyone patche or mod...but the keep Viconia in party regardless of how famous you become ? Im afraid to install that and to bug my game....

And one last thing..after searching trough this forum..I keep hearing about sword of roses...what's that ? and when can I find that ??

Thank you for your patiente :p

1- In the ReadMe it say :

''3 mini-quests with copious dialogue complete with new areas (edited from original game areas)''

So correct me if Im wrong , but getting her from Prison , that is the 1st quest , then saving her from slaver is the 2nd quest right ? Where is the 3rd quest :p

Getting the bracelet back, if you decide to do that. I know it's pretty close to the prison quest, but since it's optional I count it as a separate one. So the prison is the 1st, bracelet is the 2nd and the infamous kidnapping is the 3rd.

2- What's better ? getting Amber as soon as you can...after saving Viconia from the lunatic...or after you get Imoen :p

I'm not sure I understand you here. Do you mean that you'd like to get Amber already in the Irencus' dungeon?

3- Is there any place...special place where I souldn't miss taking her??? So far...there is no indication as to where there is more chitchat in some area then most ?

I recommend click-talking to her often. You can ask Amber about some of your quests (mainly ones that are about choosing something) and those will be available only during the quests. In addition keep checking back to the "Amber, I would like you to tell me more about yourself." - talk option. There will be more and more options under that one when the time goes by and the topics themselves can open new ones.

And if you haven't already, sleep in an outside location, where there is a some source of water present. :)

4- How come Amber can be mushy and I can't ?? In some of her romance talk..especially after I bring her back after I slew her : she go mushy on me..and when I answer her and say : Awww you gonna make me cry ! she just say : let's go now...What's with that ?? ;) How can she be mushy and I cannot ?? ;)

But you can use the flirt menu to kiss or hug her, right then? That's what it's there for, when your PC feels that Amber could use a hug, he can do just that.

5-Im impressed with the change you made , the talk in the underdark and all....but how come in all the love talk there is no : Amber , I love you ?

Or if there...did I miss it :(?? :D I would have liked to see that , especially after that small talk she had with Imeon when she tell her that she love ''charname''.....

I saved that for ToB.

6- Can you tell me wich bioware NPC she has more talk with ...or wich NPC I can bring and it doesn't end in murder ?

The won't be any party breaking of murderous outcomes with any NPC, not even with Korgan even though the dwarf threatens and gropes her. :p Amber talks most with Haer'Dalis, Imoen and Viconia. With other NPCs she banters from 2 to 3 times, plus the one Underdark banter.

7-Hum also...I encountered a bug...with Lorraine : we deafeted the wizard but she say there was only one thing left to do..and well...she just froze in her place . I couldn't talk to her , and even the strange machine..it delivered two beast but her son didn't show up...and lorraine just kept standing there . And well..I left the building and joined back with Amber...and the quest of Lorraine is still unfinished.....Any idea ?

Hmm? I'm not sure, did Lorraine take the pale green soulgem? The only thing that I can think why she would freeze like that, is that she failed to get the gem because of an engine hiccup. I'm guessing that you had it because she joined you to the battle, otherwise she would have left to look for it. if you have a savegame could you go back and see if it happens again and if it does can you pickpocket or slay her to see if she has the gem on her inventory. Or do you remember if Ymmyrt summoned a Nishruu?

And to end this..Im sorry for my bad english....and wish you the best in the upcoming mod that you are working on . :D

Thank you. :(

Also I remembered two things I forget to ask :***SPOILER****

1- Do I have to start a romance say with Jaheira to see the conflict ? I mean..I have done Jaheira romance like a thousand time....but let's say Im interested in Amber..but I want to see the conflict...so...what do I do ? How do I get to see the bitching without losing her :p

Yes, you have to start romancing Jaheira if you like to see the conflict. However, your PC has to end the romance himself, there's no 'choosing talk'. There won't be much bitching, though (that goes down between Amber and Viconia), Jaheira just interjects to one of Amber's talks and then there's a banter between the girls. And then the PC has to take action one way or another.

2- Is amber compatible with the happy patch ? not the romance everyone patche or mod...but the keep Viconia in party regardless of how famous you become ? Im afraid to install that and to bug my game....

I have to say that I don't know, but I don't see why it would affect Amber. As long as it doesn't touch RomanceActive variables, Amber should be okay. Not that Viconia has ever left my party in a vanilla game, regardless the reputation, but she was romancing the Protagonist so it might be down to that.

And one last thing..after searching trough this forum..I keep hearing about sword of roses...what's that ? and when can I find that ??

It's a sword from the original game that you can buy when you have completed that Copper Coronet slaver guest. The dude who offers inn services and merchandise in Copper Coronet has it. Cromwell the smith will be able to tell you more after that.

Guest Guest
I'm not sure I understand you here. Do you mean that you'd like to get Amber already in the Irencus' dungeon?

No more like , wich is best : Getting her after I rescued Imoen or before...?

But you can use the flirt menu to kiss or hug her, right then? That's what it's there for, when your PC feels that Amber could use a hug, he can do just that.

yeah but Im a mushyness addict...I can't help it !!!! :( Oh and what's with the ''kiss her like you mean it '' :p When you just kiss her..don't you mean it then ??

I saved that for ToB.

Very wise...now we will be hungry for more...

As for Lorraine , yeah the wizard was about to cast his spell when I killed him....and she froze...tough...she did took the gem...I was left with three gem.

your PC has to end the romance himself, there's no 'choosing talk'

Ok call me stupid , but how do you end the romance ? is it by not doing the quest or just not giving the right answer :( with Jaheira for exemple...that's what I mean .

Thank you again for your answer...can't wait to see the ToB part !!! YAY! :p

Meira or Darios,

Do you by chance have any of Amber's previous versions archived somewhere for downloading? I am running many mods and trying to work out lots of compatibility/version issues. :p

Thank you,

LoneRogue

Meira or Darios,

Do you by chance have any of Amber's previous versions archived somewhere for downloading? I am running many mods and trying to work out lots of compatibility/version issues. :p

Thank you,

LoneRogue

No, I'm afraid not. And if you take a look at the readme's version history and see how many bugs we've fixed for each new version I think you understand why. :p Is there some specific issue that you're trying to solve with an older version of Amber?

No more like , wich is best : Getting her after I rescued Imoen or before...?

Ah... Now I get it. You can still complete the romance / friendship path if you take Amber along after Underdark, but you'll miss some of the chapter talks and of course the Underdark interaction. Other than that it doesn't matter when you pick her up.

yeah but Im a mushyness addict...I can't help it !!!! :p Oh and what's with the ''kiss her like you mean it '' :( When you just kiss her..don't you mean it then ??

Well, I can't tell what you PC means when he kisses Amber :(, but the "Kiss Amber" / "Kiss Amber like you mean it" could also read "Kiss Amber sweetly" / "Kiss Amber passionately" or "Kiss amber light-heartedly" / "Kiss Amber like there's no tomorrow". So it's just a question of intensity.

Ok call me stupid , but how do you end the romance ? is it by not doing the quest or just not giving the right answer :p with Jaheira for exemple...that's what I mean .

With Jaheira, just by not giving the right answer. I haven yet played the Jaheira romance, but I think it should be fairly easy. With Amber you can choose the friendship path in the talk where she thanks you for coming to rescue her from the slavers. I think the dialogue options are fairly clear. After that you can't get on the friendship path, but you can still get rid of the romance; with "wrong" dialogue choices although it shouldn't be as easy as with the Bioware NPCs.

Guest Guest

Question plz:

"Kiss Amber" / "Kiss Amber like you mean it" could also read "Kiss Amber sweetly" / "Kiss Amber passionately" or "Kiss amber light-heartedly" / "Kiss Amber like there's no tomorrow". So it's just a question of intensity.

In all the choice you gave me for ''Kiss her like you mean it'' why did you chose that sentance instead of the one up there like ''Kiss Amber passionately" ?

Far from insulting you or doubting your choice plz...but I don't know...the ''Kiss her like you mean it'' for *me* it sound like Im lying or something..... :p

Question plz:

"Kiss Amber" / "Kiss Amber like you mean it" could also read "Kiss Amber sweetly" / "Kiss Amber passionately" or "Kiss amber light-heartedly" / "Kiss Amber like there's no tomorrow". So it's just a question of intensity.

In all the choice you gave me for ''Kiss her like you mean it'' why did you chose that sentance instead of the one up there like ''Kiss Amber passionately" ?

Far from insulting you or doubting your choice plz...but I don't know...the ''Kiss her like you mean it'' for *me* it sound like Im lying or something..... :p

Because "Kiss Amber passionately" is in ToB. :( I don't want recycle the same flirt topics from SoA to ToB. I think that "Kiss Amber like you mean it." is a playful expression and not as static as "Kiss Amber passionately." and "Kiss Amber like there's no tomorrow." is just worn out. Then again I'm not a native English speaker and I might sometimes express myself a bit awkwardly. None of the proofreaders or editors pointed this flirt topic out, though. But opinions vary, so thanks for the feedback. :p

Why dual class her at lvl 6 instead of lvl 7? At lvl 7 she gets an extra 1/2 attack, right? I can always SK her to lvl 1 and go from there, but I was just curious about the "missing" fighter lvl.

It's not always about optimizing stats and abilities. At level 6 a fighter gets a proficiency star and that was enough for me. She's more of a thief than a fighter after all. But you can add the extra level in SK, of course.

Hm, reading this topic made me raise a question - I have Jaheira, Aerie, and Amber in my party. While Jaheira's romance has ended (due to having to choose either her or Aerie), do I have to end Aerie's romance on purpose, so Amber's one will work? If so, there's a talk with Aerie, when the PC can tell her, that she's beautiful (when she comes to some senses, after all going emo because of the loss of her wings), and she says something like: "Do you really think I'm beautiful? I mean, do you have any feelings for me?" (out of my head, so it may not be exactly like that), and then there's an answer like "Don't get me wrong. You're beautiful, but I see you only as a friend." (again, in that meaning, not exact putting of words) - will that one be enough to keep Amber's romance active? Or does Aerie's become "too advanced" earlier?

(I'm too soft to be cruel for her and end it earlier :p )

(hmm, should probably make the account here finally :) )

Your PC needs to have at least 12int and 12cha to romance Amber. If Aerie's romance goes to "2" or committed your Amber romance will end. Aerie's relationship goes to "2" after she offers to sleep with you depending on what you do. There is a conflict between Amber and Aerie and I beleive you have to chose at some point. Also if your romance with Amber hits "2" or committed your Aerie romance ends. I won't tell you when Amber's relationship goes to "2".

Is your romance with Amber active? Because I'd have thought she'd interjected in Aerie's lovetalks if you already had to chose between Jahira and Aerie. What are your Charisma and Inteligence?

Romance with Amber is active, I had two talks not long ago, one when she has a guard duty, and another about a rose (I'm trying to put in as few spoilers as I can), and M#AmberRomanceActive has "1" value. Aerie's romance is still in the stage, when she can't cope with herself, and her new life on the ground. (AerieRomanceActive value is also "1")

Charisma and Intelligence are both 18.

With what you have told me though, it should be safe - I plan to politely let Aerie down, when she asks, if PC feels anything for her, and it'd be before she proposes to spend a night together. (so she'll never propose that, actually)

Edit: I think Amber interjected in some of Aerie's talks, too.

My question wasn't about something not working now, but terminating Aerie's romance early enough for Amber.

Archived