CtC - Chop to Chunks

First of all I'd like to thank you for this amazing mod. I enjoy it very much.

I'm not a good Bg player by any deffinition ( :p ) as now I know it, that's why I ask for your help. I think I'm pretty open minded about my tactics, I'm not afraid of reloading, trying out new tactics, etc, yet I simply cannot imagine how can you guys play SCS (Scs II by the way).

My problem is, the shadow thieves destroys my mind, my soul, my essence...also my party.

When I first went there I got my ass kicked very badly. Then I said to myself: man you need EXPERIENCE. So I went out and did EVERY quest out there then came back.

Guess what happened? Shadow thieves (at the end of the chapter 3 quest by the way, Im alligned with Bodhi for the first time :( ) again, kick my ass, very badly.

Everything is fine until I get to the end. I have a fairly good bunch of spells, potions, scrolls, wand charges left. I use everything I have. I've developed and tried different tactics (the simple, rush in then kill; invisi sphere whole party, micromanage the thieves, put grease under myself to slow down assasins, cast entangle in the room, summon creatures, everything I can think of).

After the battle begins, in about 3 turns, all of my spellcasters are choped to chunks, and half of my tanks are dead IF <charname> is not killed by a backstab in the first round.

Now I see the AI is acting as it should be (attacking casters, invisi potions, etc.), yet I dont even see how can they INSTAKILL my chars by unenchanted scimitars and short swords. My problem is that I dont even see the chance of winning. It's not about the tactics, it's about the fact that the enemy is 1000 stronger than me. After about 15 retries I still did not manage to achive even a slight victory. I love the concept of encahnced AI, hence thats why I play with SCS II, but I simply feel either I'm missing something important or...I'm missing something important.

Please give me some pointers or throw rocks at me. What does not kill you, it strengthens you. :p

(sorry for the long post).

Have you any other mods installed other than SCS2?

If not:

1/ True Sight, Oracle or even a simple Dispel Invisibility are your friends. True Sight is the best since it dispels illusions every round. You can even have a thief with 100% in detect illusions which has the same effect as True Sight. This should eliminate (or at least greatly reduce) the likelihood of being backstabbed.

2/ Use debuffs as quickly as possible - get down the mages magic and physical protections with Dispel/Remove Magic, Breach, Secret Word and the like. Then hack them to pieces. Mages are by far and away the most dangerous enemies in SCS2.

3/ Use your own protections - cleric spells like barkskin, druid spells like ironskins, stoneskins and mirror image for the mages - to deflect some of the attacks early on in the battle (or at least make the enemies waste time in dispelling your protections).

What level are you? Chucking out spells like Grease and Entangle, which are 2nd and 1st level spells, is not likely to have much of an effect - I would have thought most of the enemies would make their saving throws against such spells.

Greater Malison followed by Glitterdust could also be a good idea for dealing with pesky, back stabbing thieves. Aside from removing invisibility, Glitterdust also blinds, which should take a few thieves out of commission, provided none or your characters stand close to them. Downsides are that it allows for a save (thus the Greater Malison), that the duration is none too long and that the area of effect is rather small. Might also be worth your while to throw in a Slow while Greater Malison is still active.

Hell, when we are on the subject of save-or-else spells; Emotion: Hopelessness and Chaos are pretty good, too.

A properly placed Teleport Field might also be a good idea.

But this is assuming you are having problems with larger groups of enemies, rather than one or two.

Now I see the AI is acting as it should be (attacking casters, invisi potions, etc.), yet I dont even see how can they INSTAKILL my chars by unenchanted scimitars and short swords. My problem is that I dont even see the chance of winning. It's not about the tactics, it's about the fact that the enemy is 1000 stronger than me. After about 15 retries I still did not manage to achive even a slight victory. I love the concept of encahnced AI, hence thats why I play with SCS II, but I simply feel either I'm missing something important or...I'm missing something important.

Hmm, that kind of sounds like you are using my Shadow Thief Improvements, and an old version at that (the newer ones are definitively not so frustratingly hard). Post the contents of your WeiDU.log please.

Thanks for the replies!

Well, I dont remember excatly what level I was (shamelesly I've ctrl+y my way through after the 19th reload), but since I've finsihed every quest possible, I belive I was more than adequate. I was using grease and such, cause I simply had no other tactic/choice left.

aVENGER: Im pretty sure Im using the latest of your mod! Also: it ****** rocks! A million thanks for it! I just pray it will see many more updates...

Now for the fun part:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2162 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, Without Weapon Styles (the bigg)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2191 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Identification Ability is Based on Storekeeper's Lore

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2291 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table Only

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2312 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters (BETA) -> Arcane & Divine Magic

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3140 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Originals from EoU (Karzak, Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4060 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4070 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #51 // Remove Cleric Kits -> Remove BioWare & Mod Kits

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #53 // Remove Druid Kits -> Remove BioWare & Mod Kits

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #55 // Remove Ranger Kits -> Remove BioWare & Mod Kits

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Install Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #127 // Install Feywarden of Corellon Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #130 // Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #203 // Install Oozemaster Druid kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #403 // Install Bowslinger Ranger Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #406 // Install Feralan Ranger Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #409 // Install Forest Runner Ranger Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #412 // Install Justifier Ranger Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #415 // Install Wilderness Runner Ranger Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~SETUP-CELESTIALS.TP2~ #0 #0 // PnP Celestials

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v3.9

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v3.9

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bard kit revisions: v3.9

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v3.9

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v3.9

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v3.9

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v3.9

~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II, v2

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 20 Minutes

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // NPC Conflict Revisions

~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Longer Road v 1.5

~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #1 // SPEED BANTERS

~NPCDAMAGE/NPCDAMAGE.TP2~ #0 #0 // NPCDamage for BGII SoA/ToB: v1.1

~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spellhold Gauntlet

~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Irenicus Waiting in Spellhold

~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shortened Spellhold Cutscenes and Dream

~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Interjections for Spellhold Gauntlet (dialogue by Liam)

~TELEPORT/TELEPORT.TP2~ #1 #0 // Teleport spell for BG2:SoA

~TELEPORT/TELEPORT.TP2~ #1 #1 // Teleport spell for BG2:ToB

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v7

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Wild Mage (ToB only)

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1-style flaming swords

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v2.5

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Pack (Core Files and Graphics)

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #2 // Entangle, Magical Stone, Sanctuary, Sunscorch

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #3 // Chant, Flame Blade, Spiritual Hammer, Alicorn Lance, Beast Claw, Produce Flame, Moon Motes

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #4 // Call Lightning, Invisibility Purge, Miscast Magic, Spike Growth, Random Casualty, Prayer, Moonblade, Stormshell, Elysium's Tears

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #5 // Thorn Spray, Recitation, Cloud of Pestilence, Static Charge, Adamantite Mace

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #6 // Produce Fire (replaces Poison!)

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #7 // Flame Strike, Undead Ward, Animal Rage, Produce Ice, Spike Stones

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #8 // Entropy Shield, Whirlwind

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #9 // Implosion

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #10 // Charm Person

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dimension Door (replaces Teleport Field!)

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #12 // Flame Arrow, Ice Storm, Improved Invisibility, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Wizard Eye

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #13 // Cloudkill, Cone of Cold, Shadow Door, Domination, Chaos, Invulnerability to Normal Weapons, Lower Resistance

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #15 // Death Spell, Mislead, Invulnerability to Magical Weapons, Death Fog, Disintegrate

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #16 // Chain Lightning

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #17 // Prismatic Spray, Mordenkainen's Sword, Mass Invisibility

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #18 // Deathbolt (replaces Simulacrum!)

~SETUP-SPELLPACKB4.TP2~ #0 #20 // Black Blade of Disaster, Power Word Kill

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #20 // "SwashImoen" -> "SwashImoen", full revision (suggested)

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default)

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Universal lesser mage robes

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #73 // Revised Armors & Shields. -> Update the descriptions.

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components): v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #30 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #40 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #61 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy and player Harm spells both do 150 hp of damage: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #70 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #80 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #105 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #110 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #113 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #120 // Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #130 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #140 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #145 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #150 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #155 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #160 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #170 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #175 // Faster Bears: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #181 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 60,000 gold pieces: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #187 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #190 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #195 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #201 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #220 // Smarter general AI: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #230 // Better calls for help: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #236 // Potions for NPCs -> About half of all unused potions on dead enemies are retrievable by the party (the rest are assumed to break): v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #238 // Improved Spiders: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #239 // Give fiends more staying power by increasing their hit points (this component has no effect unless Improved Fiends is installed): v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #250 // Smarter genies -> Genies have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #270 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #281 // Smarter beholders -> Upgrade the hive (borrowed from Quest Pack) and give beholder rays some chance of burn-through: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #290 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #300 // Smarter githyanki: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #310 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages): v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #320 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #330 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #335 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #340 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #360 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> Only selected SoA mages get HLAs: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #370 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priests get HLAs: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #379 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #381 // Slightly Improved Drow: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #383 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #385 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #386 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #387 // Improved Shade Lord: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #390 // Improved Sahuagin: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #392 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #394 // More resilient trolls: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #396 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #397 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #399 // Improved Vampires: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #400 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #410 // Improved Minor Encounters: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #412 // Improved Random Encounters: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #415 // Give SCS II style AI to Ascension enemies: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #420 // Ease-of-use party AI: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #430 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #440 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #61 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy and player Harm spells both do 150 hp of damage: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #70 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #105 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #110 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #113 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #120 // Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #130 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #140 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #145 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #150 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #155 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #160 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #170 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #175 // Faster Bears: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #181 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 60,000 gold pieces: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #187 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #190 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #195 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #201 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #236 // Potions for NPCs -> About half of all unused potions on dead enemies are retrievable by the party (the rest are assumed to break): v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #381 // Slightly Improved Drow: v6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #392 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v6

~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Beyond the Law - Kova & Kiyone

~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate Soundset for Kiyone - Female4

~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ #0 #2 // Better Balanced BTL Items

~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ #0 #3 // Portraits for Minor Non-Joinable BTL NPCs

Edit: As you can see Ive removed some part of SCS already, so the cheese like install of it is intentional...for now.

aVENGER: Im pretty sure Im using the latest of your mod! Also: it ****** rocks! A million thanks for it! I just pray it will see many more updates...

Yup, that's the most recent version and, no worries, there are bound to be at least a few more. :p However, according to your WeiDU.log, it seems that you don't have my Shadow Thief Improvements installed after all. I can only assume that the behavior that you've been experiencing is either related to Quest Pack's "Additional Shadow Thieves Content" component or to SCSII's General AI enhancements.

BTW, that install order is a bit suboptimal. Ideally, Rogue Rebalancing should be installed after Quest Pack and Spell Pack. Check my Compatibility Guide for more details.

So, on the assumption that your problems with the thieves are SCSII-related:

(i) I don't modify the creature files at all for the shadow thief stronghold - just their AI and their supply of potions. (So I don't think there's a bug involved.)

(ii) SCSII thieves come with several potions of invisibility and will use them aggressively, prioritising wizards. If you have a large number of them attacking, it's going to hurt pretty quickly. So:

(iii) As suggested, use truesight to scramble their invisibility. It's not perfect, but certainly it'll make life tougher for them.

(iv) You absolutely need to protect your low-hit-point mages. Stoneskin and Mirror Image will both do the trick. (Thieves aren't stupid enough to waste backstabs on either, so they'll go for other targets; but at least your mages won't die.)

(v) You're in a fluid situation where you're surrounded by enemies who you can't directly target. So the spells of choice are enemy-only area-effects. Chaos, Emotion, and Holy Smite are particularly good choices.

Archived