Error message while installing

Jera07

Hi ~

I was installing Planescape Torment (2 cd version), had the online fix packs installed and then went joyously to the Widescreen Mod installation. I got an error message repeatedly regardless of which x and y coords I entered. I tried installing 1920x1200 and then reducing that down to 1440x900. Nothing seemed to work. The error message instructed me to post it here, so here we go. Hope someone can help.

ERROR: BIFF [./AR0100.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./AR0100.BIF")

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 53 files for [Widescreen/Widescreen.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./AR0100.BIF")

........I'm afraid that I don't understand a single thing here. Hope someone can explain it to me. Thanks so much!

Have a wonderful Sunday ~

Jera :p

UPDATE: OMG, I got it! I trolled through the stickies and found out that the best chances I had here were to uninstall it all and then start again - which I did. I also got the hint from the forums that the max settings for my widescreen monitor were, shall we say, a little too much for Torment (considering that I would like to see the characters on screen) so this time I tried a setting of 1280x800. I don't know what it was that was right this time but it installed without a hitch and I can play Torment again!

thank you!

:p

Archived