I found a Bug! Boo squeeche!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Ok not trying to be a pain..but i tough you modder would like to know about this bug of mine . It's after I rescue Haer'Dalis , then the ladie ask me if I want to help while she open a portal or conduit or watever . Anyway...so while we are waiting for the monster to show....Haer'Dalis (still the icon blue under him) start attaquink my Amber!!!! :p and she is Green...so she isn't hostile or anything.....(also I should say this is my 2nd time playing Amber mod..and It happend both time)

Hum also one thing...I just saw....is that maybe put the warning on your FAQ...about this scene (seeing im writing this...It froze my game and here Im)

****SPOILER****

I was in Umar Hills and I asked Amber how she was doing , and she said that she feel like something bad gonna happen...so...I tough that mean her Kidnap-Amber quest was coming...and I go back to the City Gate . But what made my game freeze...was that there was that mini-quest . The marchand with the bullie ...and the slaver ladie appeared...and my game froze...

Oh and I have a question : Amber keep running each time she see an ennemy and attak right away...like she was Zena The Warrior Princess :( Well as much as I love Zena...can I change her script...trought my game without screwing up anything ? like make her stop running ahead and get killed :p If not well..that's ok too...I tough I should ask..and no..I didn't touch the script or watever...I was afraid it would make the mod crashe..or my game die.

I just tough u should know..so...me rambling..sorry... :(

Guest Guest

Ohh I forget , may I request something :p pretty please ?

Is there any way to know..what Viconia say in her native drow tongue when she talk to Amber ? and does she understand drow Amber ? just curious....

Oh and a funny thing : did anyone notice that when you save Viconia from those lunatic...and she do *cast* a spell...NO wizard come to warn her about the law of the crowded wizard or watever they call themself lol! wonder why.... :p

Guest LoveWarCoffee

Is there any way to know..what Viconia say in her native drow tongue when she talk to Amber ? and does she understand drow Amber ? just curious....

Try the Drow Translator: http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/language.php

Oh and a funny thing : did anyone notice that when you save Viconia from those lunatic...and she do *cast* a spell...NO wizard come to warn her about the law of the crowded wizard or watever they call themself lol! wonder why.... :p

It's a cleric spell. You can have your clerics and druid cast all the spells they want in Athkatla (including Summon Fire Elemental and Finger of Death) and the Cowled Wizards couldn't care less. Guess they poo-poo "religious types" as much as the American Left does.

Ok not trying to be a pain..but i tough you modder would like to know about this bug of mine . It's after I rescue Haer'Dalis , then the ladie ask me if I want to help while she open a portal or conduit or watever . Anyway...so while we are waiting for the monster to show....Haer'Dalis (still the icon blue under him) start attaquink my Amber!!!! :p and she is Green...so she isn't hostile or anything.....(also I should say this is my 2nd time playing Amber mod..and It happend both time)

It's not a bug in Amber, but in the original game. Haer'Dalis' combat script is broken. The fact that he prefers to attack Amber is apparently just a coincidence. This bug is fixed either in BG2 fixpack or in bladurdash, if you rather use that. I recommend the fixpack. :(

Hum also one thing...I just saw....is that maybe put the warning on your FAQ...about this scene (seeing im writing this...It froze my game and here Im)

****SPOILER****

I was in Umar Hills and I asked Amber how she was doing , and she said that she feel like something bad gonna happen...so...I tough that mean her Kidnap-Amber quest was coming...and I go back to the City Gate . But what made my game freeze...was that there was that mini-quest . The marchand with the bullie ...and the slaver ladie appeared...and my game froze...

If you load a savegame, does it freeze every time you enter the area? What if you enter another city area? The cut scene doesn't usually freeze the game, but it can happen (as it can with any other cut scene of the original game). IE far from being stable, after all.

Oh and I have a question : Amber keep running each time she see an ennemy and attak right away...like she was Zena The Warrior Princess :( Well as much as I love Zena...can I change her script...trought my game without screwing up anything ? like make her stop running ahead and get killed :p If not well..that's ok too...I tough I should ask..and no..I didn't touch the script or watever...I was afraid it would make the mod crashe..or my game die.

I just tough u should know..so...me rambling..sorry... :p

You can either take the combat AI off (button on bottom right corner of the game screen) or change Amber's combat AI to something else. Combat AI script and the script take triggers her talks etc. are two different things, so changing it wont make a difference. Combat AI can be changed by clicking the "customise" button on the character screen. You can also adjust the auto-pause so that the game pauses when your party sees an enemy so that you have time to give orders toy the party.

Amber does not understand Drow. She knows very little about them and most of what she know is the same prejudiced stuff that everyone else in the adventuring business knows.

I used this dictionary and House Maerdyn translator when creating the Drow lines for Viconia. The translator doesn't exist anymore, but try the translator LoveWarCoffee suggested. (Thanks by the way, LWC I'm going to need that for ToB. :p)

Guest Guest
If you load a savegame, does it freeze every time you enter the area? What if you enter another city area?

:p My other game , I recall it froze in the slum...while that thief was waiting to talk to me . The lady-slave just stood there....and I couldn't do a thing cose all the button were gone . so I had to go back to deskpot and terminate my game trough CTRL+ALT+DELETE and reload .

Hum well..I guess it froze because there was an encounter.....that's why...Oh and Im happy to report that the Lorraine quest worked just fine this time . :p

All I did...

*************SPOILER*************************

was wait for the wizard to summon his beastie...then I killed the three demons...and left the lady to battle him...then...I had the happy ending..or almost..cose when I was outta there....even if in the house she said her goodbye...there was a second lorraine outside..wich you couldn't talk to her . She was just standing...but the quest was over tough .

It's a cleric spell. You can have your clerics and druid cast all the spells they want in Athkatla (including Summon Fire Elemental and Finger of Death) and the Cowled Wizards couldn't care less.

Thanx I didn't know that....shame....wonder what Viccy would say if one of those old bone will come to tell her *Stop casting* lol

Thank you both for the info about the drow...now got more reading to do :(

If you load a savegame, does it freeze every time you enter the area? What if you enter another city area?

:p My other game , I recall it froze in the slum...while that thief was waiting to talk to me . The lady-slave just stood there....and I couldn't do a thing cose all the button were gone . so I had to go back to deskpot and terminate my game trough CTRL+ALT+DELETE and reload .

Hum well..I guess it froze because there was an encounter.....that's why...Oh and Im happy to report that the Lorraine quest worked just fine this time . :p

All I did...

But does freeze and / or crash every time? I'm guessing not, because you were able to continue the quest?

was wait for the wizard to summon his beastie...then I killed the three demons...and left the lady to battle him...then...I had the happy ending..or almost..cose when I was outta there....even if in the house she said her goodbye...there was a second lorraine outside..wich you couldn't talk to her . She was just standing...but the quest was over tough .

Game hiccup, I'm guessing. The freezing and crashing suggest that everything isn't stable in you game. In my game she has never been outside when you return there.

Guest Guest

My game didn't crash..as in left to deskpot with the window error message...but both time it freeze . Both time there was an encounter.....beside that...I can't say...and yes...My copy of ToB is screwup some..keep crashing on me...without reason... :p

Maybe she was outside..because when I found the gem I didn't go to her ? is that possible ? should I have gone to her once I found the gem ?

My game didn't crash..as in left to deskpot with the window error message...but both time it freeze . Both time there was an encounter.....beside that...I can't say...and yes...My copy of ToB is screwup some..keep crashing on me...without reason... :p

If the encounter with the slavers froze both times, how did you continue the quest?

Maybe she was outside..because when I found the gem I didn't go to her ? is that possible ? should I have gone to her once I found the gem ?

If you meet Lorraine in the cellar and you don't have the gem she asked for should just leave and disappear. Your PC doesn't have to give her the gem. Not completing Lorraine's quest is a valid option, it's entirely up to your PC to decide what to do with her. If you play an evil PC, or a PC who doesn't believe her, your PC can also kill her right on the courtyard where you first meet her.

Maybe I should test her quest and the different outcomes bit more. I thought that I had all possibilities secured. Of course it would be helpful if you could give me a clear account on how did you proceed with the quest.

Guest Guest

Hum well...the 1st time it froze on me on the slum...I just reloaded.(after I had to terminate the game like I said before)..seeing that BG2 autosave on it's own....and when I had the bug with Lorraine....I just ignored the quest...got Amber :( So i was happy...didn't think it would matter lol

The second time...I completed the quest just fine...the only *bug* was that there was a clone outside...but it didn't interfere in anything...

If you play an evil PC, or a PC who doesn't believe her, your PC can also kill her right on the courtyard where you first meet her.

:( sorry..can't do..lol I cant stomach being evil...just leaving Jaheira in her cage the 1st time..i had nightmares for months... :p

Sorry if it doesn't help.....is there some file u would like to see..maybe it can help you ? :p

Hum well...the 1st time it froze on me on the slum...I just reloaded.(after I had to terminate the game like I said before)..seeing that BG2 autosave on it's own....and when I had the bug with Lorraine....I just ignored the quest...got Amber :D So i was happy...didn't think it would matter lol

So, the game didn't freeze every time when the slavers came to take Amber? I'm sorry if it feels like I'm repeating myself, but that's all I really all need to know. :) The Infinity Engine isn't all that stable and savegames can get corrupted.

I try to investigate the different solutions to Lorraine's quest and see if I end up with her being on the courtyard at the end.

Archived