WK Dragon

This is going to sound horribly arrogant...

... but Hannah (my wife) and I just killed the green dragon in Watcher's Keep and it was hugely satisfying. The "triple-a-dragon's-hit-points" component in SCSII v7 isn't exactly clever or hard to code, but it does make the difference between an annoyingly quick battle and something epic.

If anyone else has experience (good or bad) with SCSII dragons - particularly under v7 - I'd be interested to hear them. Early versions of SCSII dragons didn't seem all that impressive, and it seems (to me) that they're now working quite well, but if that's not other's impressions let me know.

If anyone else has experience (good or bad) with SCSII dragons - particularly under v7 - I'd be interested to hear them. Early versions of SCSII dragons didn't seem all that impressive, and it seems (to me) that they're now working quite well, but if that's not other's impressions let me know.

Glad to hear you had fun! The thing with dragons is that the first time you fight them, they simply thrash you. So, the first time you beat one is antologic. With your mod, with uninterruptable spells, good AI and more hitpoints, epic does seem the right way to descrive it.

Yesterday, I finally got back to playing again with the sorceress that went through SCS and BG1. She has just seen Gaelan Bayle and I play somewhat slow, so I fear I'll need some weeks before I face either the shadow dragon (I want to get Mazzy this time) or firkraag. But I'll tell you my impressions as soon as possible.

Archived