Comments on the Developer Diary

kain

Likewise - glad to see that this mod is continuing, it's definitely my most anticipated npc mod . . . can't wait 'til it's complete (hint hint).

Though (sorry - had to ask) has there been any progress recently - you mentioned there may be some more material put up soon . . .

I will get the writing done in the next couple of months. Yes, I will put up some material, but not before the weekend. I've been dealing with a few real life things (getting a car fixed, getting plumbing fixed underneath, and doing a few other minor projects).

And I have to finish her...I made a promise to BevH, Immortality, Domi, and others that I would also work on Durlyle afterwards...and I do intend to do it. (For the record, I imagine a good 50% of Durlyle will share common material with Del)

And I have to finish her...I made a promise to BevH, Immortality, Domi, and others that I would also work on Durlyle afterwards...and I do intend to do it.  (For the record, I imagine a good 50% of Durlyle will share common material with Del)

Fair enough, but does this mean that you will wait until *both* Delainy & Durlyle are finished before releasing either?

Grim is correct.  When done, Del will be her own release, but it will contain both SoA and ToB.

Glad to see you won't release Del until the ToB portion is done. I hate reading a book just to find out someone has torn out the last chapters (what? That's never happened to you? Hell, happens to me two are three times a week. :) ) And where will I get the new and improved Tashia?

Glad to see you won't release Del until the ToB portion is done. I hate reading a book just to find out someone has torn out the last chapters (what? That's never happened to you?

As long as it has taken, it should include both. But yes, it is nice to have both segments at once.

Guest Guest_Psyckosama_*
Tashia can be found right where she's been since the start of SHS, at her own forums.

Mind you, the expanded version is still in beta-testing stage, and hasn't been released to the general public as of yet (although that should not be too long anymore).

Atleast this isn't like the Nalia romance which isn't done yet, has been going for like 5 years, and is only going to be SoA

Trust me, I wince every time I realize it is coming up 3 years. I can only apologize (and I also know how old this gets), and try to get the writing done. The coding...is another issue.

Edited by Bri
Trust me, I wince every time I realize it is coming up 3 years.  I can only apologize (and I also know how old this gets), and try to get the writing done.  The coding...that has been addressed elsewhere.

It's quite amazing that you've actually have the will to continue working on it, especially since you aren't getting paid for it. Many people would have quit a long time ago.

There is so much work done, I would hate it to see it all go to waste. It may take me a while...hell, Tashia was even older than Delainy on the material written up (some of it, anyways. I would say that 3/4 of it is relatively new, though). It is fairly easy to say that Tashia Redux (for lack of a better term) will see a release sometime this month.

There is so much work done, I would hate it to see it all go to waste.  It may take me a while...hell, Tashia was even older than Delainy on the material written up (some of it, anyways.  I would say that 3/4 of it is relatively new, though).  It is fairly easy to say that Tashia Redux (for lack of a better term) will see a release sometime this month.

I played through Tashia a while back and found it enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the next release, too...but I promised myself a long time ago that I wouldn't play BG2 again until Delainy was released. *sigh* You have no idea how much I want to go through it again.

I played through Tashia a while back and found it enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to the next release, too...but I promised myself a long time ago that I wouldn't play BG2 again until Delainy was released.  *sigh*  You have no idea how much I want to go through it again.

I'll agree with that statement! While the original Tashia was an excellent mod, one of my favourite npcs, and another release would be great, it would, for me at least, merely be a time killer while waiting for Delainy to come out . . .

I played through Tashia a while back and found it enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to the next release, too...but I promised myself a long time ago that I wouldn't play BG2 again until Delainy was released.  *sigh*  You have no idea how much I want to go through it again.

I'll agree with that statement! While the original Tashia was an excellent mod, one of my favourite npcs, and another release would be great, it would, for me at least, merely be a time killer while waiting for Delainy to come out . . .

Yeah, what they said. And I also agree with Raltar. This is a lot of time and work for no pay. I think you modders are all that and a bag of chips. You've gave me many hours of "Good Fun" and I thank you.