Comments on the Developer Diary

kain

Please, forgive me if i ask... but... if i was to look at numbers, what would the percentage of del completion? (i admit, i hope to hear 99.9

If we really had too, SoA is finished (no voicing). However, that doesn't include some editing issues, such as removing actions, cleaning up language, etc. This does mean all NPC banters are done (4 each). Flirts aren't done, nor other bits and pieces I meant to include. The quests are written up, but haven't been coded at the time.

ToB is only about 10% written for lovetalks, and 20% written on NPC banters. There are no anticipated quests as such (there really is little room to shoehorn such a thing in).

The coder went to do other things, but I did get a couple other offers. Still, until I get the writing done, I don't want to make them wait on me.

If we really had too, SoA is finished (no voicing).

No voicing is perfectly fine by me. Generally cause my computer tend to screw up when there are custom soundfiles involved. (Reynalds added sounds still makes it odd). But are you planning to voice Del? I wouldn't mind her with one of the pre-soundsets, the second one.

Glad to hear news, as always.

But are you planning to voice Del? I wouldn't mind her with one of the pre-soundsets, the second one.

At least for things like battlecries, etc. she was going to be voiced. More voicing...it would be nice, but there is a lot of material. Anyways, the voice would be an issue once the writing part was entirely finished.

Guest CrazedSlayer
Please, just keep in mind you're not being forgotten, nor is Delainy.

i completely agree.

i love the whole idea with this. you seem to have done alot of work with it, and i know its going to be more then worth the wait :)

i really hope that everything is going ok

i really hope that everything is going ok

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Overall, things are going alright...mostly busy due to school. However, the side project I mentioned a bit back is proceeding well, although still slowly.

One part is entirely written...and a bit of another is in good shape. These will consist of new quests, etc. to expand the game. After a good portion is done, I will definitely refocus on Del entirely.

January 31, 2008

Ye Goddess, I really need to update this more often. Anyways, I haven't given up on Del or anything, I just have been working on some shorter module material. I am roughly half way through with it.

I will start on Del, and get her done this year (New Year's Resolution and all that...) However, given the long time frame, I will doing a lot of rewriting from the ground up to make the voice consistent (4+ years is a long time in between and such). However, as most of it will be salvaged, it won't be as long as some may think.

Thank-you for the update . . . my fingers are crossed :)

Nope, the roles haven't been cast yet. After I finish the last of the small projects (which I'm working on, and will give more information as allowed for release), then I want to rewrite Del (SoA and ToB). Voicing will then come after the writing is down...

Nope, the roles haven't been cast yet. After I finish the last of the small projects (which I'm working on, and will give more information as allowed for release), then I want to rewrite Del (SoA and ToB). Voicing will then come after the writing is down...

Wow...re-writing the thing from the bottom up? Sounds like quite the task. I'll be here waiting, though. I'd like to finally retire this game and I really can't until this mod comes out. I was really hoping for something more than what Bioware originally put into the game, but was denied. *sigh* Thanks again for all the hard work.

Well, most of the material will remain much of the same, but I do want to try and keep the writing consistent since it has been written in spurts off and on for several years now. However, that said, the majority of it will remain much the same.

Guest Guest

Oh wow, awesome that this mod is still going! For some reason I just keep coming back to BG2 and I am always impressed to see that so much mod work is still going on.