Comments on the Developer Diary

kain

Guest Guest

...it has been many months, but in the developer diary i continue to read the same thing again and again.

"This project has been done, now i will get back to delainy"

"this thing has just been completed, now i have to keep up with the dialogues".

It has not been days, nor weeks, but months, or even a year that the same thing is being repeated time and time again.

Is delainy going to be completed, or is it just an abandoned project, a rotten corpse kept "fresh" with a bit of flowers dropped on it once in a while?

...it has been many months, but in the developer diary i continue to read the same thing again and again.

It has not been days, nor weeks, but months, or even a year that the same thing is being repeated time and time again.

*nods* Yes, much of the time is repitition of the same, and have acknowledged as such...as well recognizing it is frustrating to get the same statement as well.

I guess I could have dressed the message up better, and I certainly should have been more mindful of what I said about getting 'right back on Del.' I doubt it would have been much better if I left everything quiet sa well.

Is delainy going to be completed, or is it just an abandoned project, a rotten corpse kept "fresh" with a bit of flowers dropped on it once in a while?

No, it hasn't been abandoned. If it had been, I would just say so, and move it to the abandoned pile.

And no, it isn't fair for those who have been waiting on Del to have waited this long. Heavens knows I hate it when I'm waiting on something, and much the same happens.

However, I had also been working on Tashia at the same time (and yes, I know it had been completed a bit over a year ago). There was a long stretch of time I did no writing at all (for various reasons, the biggest one currently being school). And the small projects I took on? It was things I did want to do, and knew I could create in a much shorter time.

So, in that regard, I can't really say I'm much different than what seems pretty typical for most other BG I/II modders.

Worse comes worse, I will finish writing Del this summer (by summer, I mean May-July). The material, except for a few things is done for SoA, and 33% of NPC talks for ToB are finished. Do I intend to rewrite it? Yes, but only so far as to keep the tone consistent since some of the material is 3+ years old.

Will I be sharing more material? Yes, I will do so in the forthcoming months.

Will there be other projects? No. As stated before, I am on the last bit of it. And I am not going to take on any others either.

I'm sure most have heard the tale of "The Tortoise and the Hare". Bri is the Toroise. Some modders are like the Hare. At the beginning we get a flurry of activity and then...nothing. Bri seems to move at a glacial pace, but what does get produced, is of great quality.

Colstan

If you've ever seen Bri work, you'll know she is hardly a tortoise. :thumbsup: This project has gone slowly for various reasons, but it is definitely not because Bri writes slowly.

As many others, I can't wait to play Delainy/Durlyle, and also like many others, I'm absolutely happy to wait until that's possible. ;)

Just posting because there hasn't been a new post in over a month. Letting you know people(well, person at least) is still watching. I always feel better to know someone is paying attention when I'm doing something so I don't get down thinking no one cares anymore.

Glad to see this is still going...I was worried it might have been abandoned, even if the forum is still in the active project section.

But one thing that I'm wondering, is if this mod will still cover Delainy as well as Durlyle. I just see reference being made to "Del". Can I assume that this is merely for convenience's sake?

After all, we ladies want some to have a puppy dog to huggle too. :p;)

- :crazyeyes::groucho::blush::p:p:):)

I still intend to work on Durlyle, but I focused on Del first, and she will be first.

*grumbles about gosh-darned male dominated society and their annoying good-for-nothing dog*

Kidding! ;) As long as you still plan to work on him later, I'm willing to wait. ^_^

- :crazyeyes::groucho::blush::p:p:):)

Guest demogorgon
:D I have been waiting for her for a long time now.. Finish her quickly Bri. Many people are waiting for it.. and many new players will be coming since there have been a lot of re-reviews on BG2 on many magazines.... made me come back to get some fresh faces.. like Del