Comments on the Developer Diary

kain

To Ern,

If it's all Cam's fault then I'll go yell at him now. (Just kidding.) Seriously, I know he's been busy too but Bri has been more visible with updates so I figured I'd address her. Note, I have not placed blame on *anyone*. I am just voicing a concern that I have.

To Bri,

I'm glad you didn't think I was harsh, sometimes forum posts can be misinterpreted. I am looking forward a great deal to Del and want to voice my support, in my own fashion. I have not been as active here at G3 as other forums (just ask Ern) but do check in every day.

To Colstan, Ern and Bri,

Weird that we're all on-line at practically the same time.

Colstan

Glad to see that this project is still alive. I haven't seriously visited this forum for a long while now, as I've been distracted by other things. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for this mod, as I value quality over mediocrity. Now, back to DKII.

Cheers!

Uriel

Glad to see that this project is still alive. I haven't seriously visited this forum for a long while now, as I've been distracted by other things. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for this mod, as I value quality over mediocrity. Now, back to DKII.

I admit, there hasn't been much reason to check lately. I've been down with a cold, so my work on Tashia has been pushed back...but I still will try to finish her this month, and focus on Del.

As things stand, I may also just go ahead and write up the ToB material for Del, and depending on what happens, release both at the same time.

That would be very welcome. I hate playing a mod that is only half-done and doesn't include material to the end of the game. ToB isn't the best ending, but it is the only one the game currently has, and not having content for it makes the mod feel unfinished.

That would be very welcome.  I hate playing a mod that is only half-done and doesn't include material to the end of the game.  ToB isn't the best ending, but it is the only one the game currently has, and not having content for it makes the mod feel unfinished.

*nods* ToB isn't what I would have made either, that is for sure. On the plus side, writing for it won't be nowhere near as long to write for either.

Hell, some of the lovetalks are fairly obligatory...the fall of Saradush, the defeat of the last test, the Master Wraith...

And I still need to finalize a music choice for her :D

Edited by Bri
ToB isn't what I would have made either, that is for sure.  On the plus side, writing for it won't be nowhere near as long to write for either. 

Unless you want to expand some of the final chapters by adding new quests or other Delainy-related material. It is possible to play through ToB quite quickly, so compared to SoA there's definitely room for improvement.

I know nothing about modding, but I guess adding such things would be somewhat complicated and time-consuming, so I'm perfectly satisfied with a "simple", well-written NPC module without any extra stuff the programming of which could cause nasty delays.

I admit, there hasn't been much reason to check lately. I've been down with a cold, so my work on Tashia has been pushed back...but I still will try to finish her this month, and focus on Del.

As things stand, I may also just go ahead and write up the ToB material for Del, and depending on what happens, release both at the same time.

I've been waiting for this one for some time now but I also think it would be better to release it with ToB. We'll wait. Half measures avail us naught.

I've been waiting for this one for some time now but I also think it would be better to release it with ToB. We'll wait. Half measures avail us naught.

I know, and truth be known, I want this released as well...if nothing else so I can also work on Durlyle.

Some good news is that all I have to do is some editing on Tashia's lovetalks (the ones I had written), and the writing aspect of her is done, and I can refocus on Del.

I know, and truth be known, I want this released as well...if nothing else so I can also work on Durlyle.

Some good news is that all I have to do is some editing on Tashia's lovetalks (the ones I had written), and the writing aspect of her is done, and I can refocus on Del.

You mentioned working on Tashia. How is she going to be differant than the one on the mod list now? I refuse to play BG2 again until Dels done (no rush as I'm not done with IWD2 yet and just started Planescape/Torment over at my girlfriends house) but when that time comes I'll sure be open to new content. :)

You mentioned working on Tashia. How is she going to be differant than the one on the mod list now? I refuse to play BG2 again until Dels done (no rush as I'm not done with IWD2 yet and just started Planescape/Torment over at my girlfriends house) but when that time comes I'll sure be open to new content. :)

The main difference with the new Tashia is that she will have new material. We have kept Ariana text, and just added to it. There is some expansion of Lovetalks in ToB and SoA, as well as the inclusion of specific Class lovetalks (1 for each class) in SoA. Additionally, there are now 2 banters per NPCs (over 60 new banters were written for Tashia). We also have addressed, hopefully, some other concerns such as the 'Monty Haul' aspect of the fight with Arilistan.

I will be finishing up what I need to do in the next week or so (it is mainly just editing now), and then I will at least focus on writing the ToB Banters, and lovetalks for Del.

As ToB isn't that long, I don't think there will be any new quests, or what have you.

Good call. ToB is suppossed to be a fast-paced dash to the end (or at least to try and save Saradush), so there really isn't room in the narrative for a lengthy side quest (which makes Watcher's Keep even odder).

Anyway, ToB doesn't need more "stuff" - it needs more character and heart. I'd much rather see well-done and meaningful chacter interaction (dialogues/banters/flirts/epilogue) than more monsters to kill or powerful objects to get.