Viconia's Alternate Epilogue

Guest Galrick

Guest Galrick

Yes yes, from a storytelling perspective, Viconia's romantic epilogue is fitting. Drows do not forgive nor do they forget, and for her, the path of love and redemption can only end with her death by poison.

I understand that... but I don't like it.

So I was wondering if there ever was a true, alternate romantic epilogue done for Viconia. One where she doesn't die and get to spent many happy years with <charname>. I seem to remember that the Edwin Romance had such a component, but I can't seem to find any reference to it.

So, was it ever done?

Thanks.

Guest Guest

The Edwin Romance does have a happy ending for Viconia as an optional component. I don't have it to post, however, 'cause my game isn't on this computer.

Guest Galrick
There is also an alternate romance epilogue in the Flirt Pack, although I would hesitate to call it "happy" by a conventional definition.

She and <CHARNAME> are happy with it, I suppose.

Well, that one -is- an happy epilogue. Until... you know.

I'd just like for her to survive dangnabbit! But then again, the epilogues for most characters are downright depressing so... Viconia's not much different than the ones for the other poor soul.

Guest Guest
The Edwin Romance does have a happy ending for Viconia as an optional component. I don't have it to post, however, 'cause my game isn't on this computer.

I don't want any spoilers here, but is it satisfying?

Also, I don't actually have to install Edwin's romance, right?

Guest Guest
I don't want any spoilers here, but is it satisfying?

Also, I don't actually have to install Edwin's romance, right?

It's a happy ending, so I guess it's satisfying in that regard. As per Laufey's (the author's) style, it's longer than the Bioware ones and quite humerous.

You have to download the Edwin Romance for it, of course, but I think all components are optional. And if you're playing as a guy, Edwin wouldn't hit on you or anything, anyway. :)

I think the epilogues are tragic by necessity, because of the different lifespans. Since Viconia dies early on, there is no problem with her spoon-feeding the old and feeble human or half-elf PC and then doing something else for a couple of hundred years, after he's burried.

Since Viconia dies early on, there is no problem with her spoon-feeding the old and feeble human or half-elf PC and then doing something else for a couple of hundred years, after he's burried.

Agreed, which makes the lack of elf-Viconia romance sad. Now, that could have lasted long.

I am not overly fond of those epilogues (luckily, they just appears in the end of the game), but it's still sad to miss the happy ending. That's why I play with Aerie or Jaheira more than Viconia. :)

Archived