Another Question

Sister Vigilante

In passing, there's at least one more thing I'm curious about--containing spoilers, as above...

Part of the reason Sawara is such a tough fight, is that I wanted to give the PC the reasonable option of walking away. I like the idea that not every confrontation has to end in bloodshed, and that some badguys do keep their words; if only grudgingly. Of course--one could argue that I didn't play fair, since the rewards for fighting Sawara far outweigh those for walking away; not only in terms of treasure but in the storyline continuing. In any case...

Has anyone, either for roleplaying reasons or just because they didn't feel like fighting, actually kept their end of the bargain and traded in the sword?

For that matter--again, for similiar reasons--has anyone returned the sword to Ginpachi?

I gave both serious consideration as my PC is lawful neutral, but bowed to Angelo's, uh, wisdom in both instances. :)

I've just been playing the Edwin romance (which is also very nice and very funny) and that has a much nastier fight that can come around the same stage of the game. However, there is no option for walking away from that one, and you can't put it off either (I resorted to lame Ctrl-R tactics I'm afraid). So the fact you are able to do so with Angelo's quest is much appreciated.

I gave both serious consideration as my PC is lawful neutral, but bowed to Angelo's, uh, wisdom in both instances. :)

I've just been playing the Edwin romance (which is also very nice and very funny) and that has a much nastier fight that can come around the same stage of the game. However, there is no option for walking away from that one, and you can't put it off either (I resorted to lame Ctrl-R tactics I'm afraid). So the fact you are able to do so with Angelo's quest is much appreciated.

Cool, cool...You know, I wouldn't be surprised if every mod-maker is tempted to slam the PC with at least one really hard fight...

Although, I think I've speculated elsewhere that it's partly an attachment we form to our own villains who, in spite of trying to make as despicable as possible, we don't want to see dispatched too easily.

Yes, I can understand that, although if you're going to put a fight in that can come relatively early, either scale it or give the player a get out (which you've done). The problem is, some players love the tough fights and the challenges, but some just want the roleplay and story. I'm sort of in between - I like some of the tougher fights in Ascension as they make more roleplay sense (though I uninstalled Tougher Demogorgon right away. That wasn't fun for me) but what I really enjoy is the story stuff, character interactions, romances and so forth. I don't want to be forced into constantly replaying the same fight over and over just so I can see the next bit of plot, or whatever. Nor do I want to be forced to cheat, though my patience has limits and there's only so much reloading I'll do before I say, screw this.

Sawara is a good case as you meet him first and find out more about him before you are forced to confront him (or not, as the case may be). With the Edwin fight, it's more a case of "by the way, some guys are coming for you and this is where they're hiding. You've got three days to kill them or Edwin leaves." Which sucks. I absolutely love the Edwin romance apart from that part, but that one fight is a pain.

I love Angelo...he's awesome. But can someone give me a hint as to where I'm supposed to get the gems for Suu?

There are a couple of places where you get Star Sapphires. I know there's one in the commode at the De'Arnise Keep, and I believe the warden of the Planar prison drops 2 or 3 of them.

Archived