Stuck in Graveyard?!

Guest LoveWarCoffee

Guest LoveWarCoffee

Howdy folks,

So this is really for mac users. I'm having considerable trouble with my install, even after several re-installs. The problem I have is the following: the game progresses to a certain point, and then it fails to load any other areas. The area load screen comes up, but the bar does not progress and the game freezes (a la http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=116868). At the moment, my party is stuck in the graveyard, and regardless of which area I select as a destination, the area fails to load.

Has this been a problem for anyone else? Do I need to purchase a new set of CDs?

Thanks,

LWC

Do you have a dual-processor G5? There seems to be a problem with fast computers running BG2, which can be minimized by running with a single processor. If you don't have a Processor pane already in your System Preferences you can download CHUD ("Cannibilistic Humanoid Underground Dweller", er I mean "Computer Hardware Understanding Developer" tools). CHUD is a 33MB download from Apple.

Guest LoveWarCoffee
Do you have a dual-processor G5? There seems to be a problem with fast computers running BG2

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm running a 1st-gen Macbook Pro, with an Intel Core Duo; so I think you're likely on the right track. As for CHUD, it isn't obvious how to use it to "tone down" the processor performance although I'm sure there's a way.

Well it's just more incentive to pick up a Windows version of BG2 and run it on bootcamp. It's the only way to use IESDP anyway, so I may as well take the plunge.

Thanks for the info, I can't help but wonder what the underlying issue is.

LWC

Archived