Ajantis turns hostile

Guest Mimic

Guest Mimic

So, I went to talk to a person in the tavern and clicked on Ajantis by mistake. He said that he could not stand my evil ways any longer and turned hostile. My character is a paladin and my rep is 20. Suggestions?

Guest Mimic

For the record, I tried the fix mentioned in this section, but there is no _AJANTJ.DLG file when I open Near Infinity. There is a AJANTJ.DLG, but the triggers mentioned in the fix do not exist.

First a question: You are not using v16, are you? (Pleeease say no)

The "_AJANTJ.DLG" you will find under the "override" in NI, not under "dlg". "AJANTJ.DLG" is a leftover from BG1, and filled with random lines.

Guest Mimic
First a question: You are not using v16, are you? (Pleeease say no)

Are you kidding? I had to change from v15 to v16 because another bug was caused by v15 and cmorgan said to change to v16. I had to completely start my game over. Now you are saying I should not be using v16?

The "_AJANTJ.DLG" you will find under the "override" in NI, not under "dlg". "AJANTJ.DLG" is a leftover from BG1, and filled with random lines.

Well, I searched through every file. Override was the second place I looked after the dlg and it is not there either.

I meant that this bug is fixed for v16, so I am confused you have it.

"_AJANTJ.DLG" has to be in the override folder (in NI). Make sure you opened the right game in NI (your Tutu game).

Do you recall what exactly Ajantis said upon leaving? Did he complain much lately? BG1NPC introduces a "done bad things" counter for Ajantis that is unconnected to the reputation. This should fire by itself, though, not upon click-talking him.

Guest Mimic
I meant that this bug is fixed for v16, so I am confused you have it.

Oh thank goodness! You scared the heck out of me!

"_AJANTJ.DLG" has to be in the override folder (in NI). Make sure you opened the right game in NI (your Tutu game).

Ah! My mistake! I was opening BG1. I will look again

Do you recall what exactly Ajantis said upon leaving? Did he complain much lately? BG1NPC introduces a "done bad things" counter for Ajantis that is unconnected to the reputation. This should fire by itself, though, not upon click-talking him.

He never said anything till I clicked on him and he said that he had had enough of my evil ways and was leaving.

You scared the heck out of me!
I'm sorry! This wasn't my intention. I hope you'll be able to fix it, but as I said v16 fixes this "leave annoyed while being happy" bug, so I am curious what your _AJANTJ.dlg will say.
Guest Mimic
You scared the heck out of me!
I'm sorry! This wasn't my intention. I hope you'll be able to fix it, but as I said v16 fixes this "leave annoyed while being happy" bug, so I am curious what your _AJANTJ.dlg will say.

The romance is still not working. No flirts, no lovetalks, nothing. It is depressing.

Forgive me for asking, but the Ajantis romance component is installed?

What proficiency and alignment has your PC, what rep?

Which dialogue do you get if you click-talk Ajantis?

Did your PC sleep with Coran, or committed to either Coran, Xan or Gavin?

At which numbers do the following variables stand:

X#AjantisRomanceMatch

X#AjantisRomanceActive

X#AjantisLoveTalk

X#AjantisRomance (that's the timer)

Guest Mimic
Forgive me for asking, but the Ajantis romance component is installed?

Yes it is

What proficiency and alignment has your PC, what rep?

Paladin, Rep 20, level 4 or 5

Which dialogue do you get if you click-talk Ajantis?

He is tired of my evil ways and leaving. Then he turns hostile and is gone.

Did your PC sleep with Coran, or committed to either Coran, Xan or Gavin?

I had Xan in my party earlier, but never got that far in the romance. Dropped him to pick up Ajantis. Never had Coran or Gavin in my party

At which numbers do the following variables stand:

X#AjantisRomanceMatch

X#AjantisRomanceActive

X#AjantisLoveTalk

I do not know how to pull that up

X#AjantisRomance (that's the timer)

I set it for 45 real time minutes

So you didn't manage to alter the _AJANTJ.dlg in the Tutu override folder? Until that bug isn't fixed in your install I think continueing doesn't make that much sense.

For checking the variables: Either make a savegame and look the variables up with ShadowKeeper, or, if you have cheats installed, type into the cheat window

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("globalname","GLOBAL")

globalname being the variablenames specified above.

v15 savegame with a v16 reinstall, perhaps? That might account for it. I can't replicate this on my test install, which is why I am asking - I can't get it to malfunction this way. Mimic, can you please send your weidu.log and a .rar'ed copy of your savegame to cmorganbg at gmail dot com? That way I can crosscheck.

Guest Mimic

No need. It was a stupid user error on my part! I thought I had installed v16 and when I looked again at my WeiDU log I found v15!! I feel completely stupid at this moment for wasting your time!! I am so sorry! I downloaded the fix and he is working fine!

I am going to hide in the nearest hole now!

Archived