My current run's stuff

WeiDU.log.

In particular, about these two components:

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #397 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v6
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #399 // Improved Vampires: v6

- the Cloud of Bats spell lasts about 10 times as much as the vampire itself, which is highly annoying. Of course, nothing that can't be solved by standing around 2 minutes (which has the additional benefit of advancing RealTimers and dialogues).

- While normal vampires will likely turn their attention to people who aren't protected from level drain, Bodhi herself is quite content with attempting to kill my tank with Mirror Images and the Amulet of Power, while Keto, Haer Dalis and Kelsey were standing ten feet away and tearing her a new behind.

- Similarly, my first try I summoned a couple of Ghasts. When she cast that Greater Command thing, everybody but Keto (and the Ghasts of course) fell asleep. Bodhi spent time destroying the Ghasts (which are even immune to LD), then she killed Keto, and then she STWHTUHA'd because my whole party was asleep.

I won't generally comment on the difficulty, because I have a rather unique party composition and level distribution, but she felt a bit too easy for her place in the story (the Planar Sphere is still haunting my dreams).

EDIT: also, Tanova didn't cast PFMW, thus becoming easy prey to the MoD (IIRC, usually she could cast it). I don't recall her casting spells either, so perhaps she felt victim to the same bug as in Tactics (whereby her Mage script was overwritten by her Vampire script)?

- Similarly, my first try I summoned a couple of Ghasts. When she cast that Greater Command thing, everybody but Keto (and the Ghasts of course) fell asleep. Bodhi spent time destroying the Ghasts (which are even immune to LD), then she killed Keto, and then she STWHTUHA'd because my whole party was asleep.

Hardcoded engine bug. Sometimes STATE_SLEEPING creatures get ignored by scripts. AFAIK, it depends on the object masks which are used (as devSin for the exact details).

From my limited testing in RR, See([PC]) and See([GOODCUTOFF]) never return true on an unconscious party member while See(Player1) and See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself)) work just fine.

The issue with Tanova was fixed for v7 (there was a glitch in the way vampire mages were using PMW). I'm less sure about Bodhi - she's actually using the same combat script as other vampires. It's possible this is something I changed for v7 and forgot to document; it's also possible it's some glitch I'm not spotting. I'll do some tests when I have the chance.

Do you think the timing for the bat cloud should be shortened? It's currently 6-7 rounds; possibly taking it down to 4 or 5 would be a good idea, though I wouldn't want it any shorter.

Maybe 3 rounds with double (or even tripled) DPS? Since (unless you're a moron) you always fight vampires with a single tank using the Amulet of Power and the Helm of Charm Protection (or equivalent buffs), having Spell Failure isn't going to hamper you, whereas having more damage dealt to you might.

Re Bodhi: well, I recall sending in the cavalry to help my tank once, and the Vampires stopped attacking Ennelia and made a beeline for Aerie, whereas Bodhi was content to waving her arms at my tank while the mages were annhilating her. Maybe it's one of those unexplainable glitches (such as aVENGER posted about).

Would be nice to have a way of dealing with it other than waiting.

I don't really see any harm in having to wait some.

For me, it even adds to realism.

I don't know if DavidW feels the same...

Archived