Later versions to have RE content?

AkashaCatBat

Since Angelo doesn't react to CHARNAME cheating on him in Romantic Encounters, Cosette the Undead Hunter is currently slutting it up all over Amn. Just wondering if Angelo's indifference will stay the same, or if in later versions he will react to the infidelities... either by dumping CHARNAME, killing one of her lovers, or perhaps joining her in her extracurricular activities.

Guest Guest

Ah yes, this has been discussed a bit actually; especially since a few people I've worked with have also done substantial work on RE. Despite the temptation, I ultimately decided against it for mainly two reasons:

1) Pretty much all of Angelo's reactions to male Romantic Encounters would be mirrors of the talk he already has with a male NPC who beds Phaere(sp?)

2) With female Encounters, on the other hand, Angelo's reaction would be complex. On the one hand, he only gradually comes down in favor of monogamy; on the other, the idea of a sexually liberated or even aggressive women I imagine would challenge him on a number of levels. The romance already, in hopefully subtle ways, places restrictions on what the PC can and can't do--much in the way the Xan romance is only for elves--to limit the number of situations Angelo has to respond to. For instance also, the player has no option to break off the romance (at any time) once it becomes committed. Having him respond to infidelity, or even to a radically unfaithful lover, might be adding half as much text again as the romance already has...so perhaps it ultimately comes down to laziness on my part :cool:

In any case, the short answer is, not for the moment...

Since Angelo doesn't react to CHARNAME cheating on him in Romantic Encounters, Cosette the Undead Hunter is currently slutting it up all over Amn. Just wondering if Angelo's indifference will stay the same, or if in later versions he will react to the infidelities... either by dumping CHARNAME, killing one of her lovers, or perhaps joining her in her extracurricular activities.

Shame on you for cheating on him! :cool:

I must admit I really enjoyed cheating on Anomen when I played the female RE encounters, though in that game I saw my PC as not taking Anomen at all seriously - she rather despised him, in fact, but slept with him when there weren't other options available. Eventually she ended up dumping him after his comments about Saradush because she was upset about that poor squire lad, Laran.

With Angelo (and also the Edwin romance) my PC was completely faithful and wouldn't have dreamed of looking elsewhere. If she's satisfied with the romance, why would she? Then again I'm not one of those people who likes to have multiple romances, strongholds or anything else running - hell, I don't even like dual classing! If I commit to something, then I commit to it. ;)

Cheese and rice, there are so many ways you could take Angelo through a RE reaction it isn't even funny, and not all of them have to do with breaking up with the PC. Sure, if you don't want to go there, well, that's your business, but it isn't for lack of RP opportunity, and not all of them have to be long-winded. I wrote most of the Anomen reactions in less than half an hour apiece, including the duel (though I have to admit that cmorgan did most of the dialogue for the all-important segue into the duel, and I just provided the "outs"). The reaction to the Desharik encounter took less than 15 minutes to write. In other words, yeah, Angelo's got a complicated romance. But is it really that hard to say "Oops, I made a mistake?" After all, this is the PC saying that, not Angelo.

Perhaps if the stakes were high enough. If it was somebody Angelo absolutely could not ignore. The most serious threat to his relationship with the PC there could ever be.

The man they thought they would never see again... but who could tear their young love asunder!

That's right. I'm talking about...

The Return of Semaj: The Romantic Encounter.

Also, Akasha has been around modding since forever. Make her write her own!

Also, Akasha has been around modding since forever. Make her write her own!

It is about time I do something useful, hmm? :cool: I never DID learn how to code, was always too lazy.

LOVE the ancient history thread over at PPG, JC. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment, especially the saga of the break from Forgotten Wars.

Personally I'm waiting for a steamily incenstuous Sarevok encounter. "So, 'brother', exactly how far do those tattoos go?

There's no way Angelo could ignore that. :cool:

(Off to bed now, 4am cab coming to pick me up, ugh. See y'all in 2 weeks or so)

Cheese and rice, there are so many ways you could take Angelo through a RE reaction it isn't even funny, and not all of them have to do with breaking up with the PC. Sure, if you don't want to go there, well, that's your business, but it isn't for lack of RP opportunity, and not all of them have to be long-winded. I wrote most of the Anomen reactions in less than half an hour apiece, including the duel (though I have to admit that cmorgan did most of the dialogue for the all-important segue into the duel, and I just provided the "outs"). The reaction to the Desharik encounter took less than 15 minutes to write. In other words, yeah, Angelo's got a complicated romance. But is it really that hard to say "Oops, I made a mistake?" After all, this is the PC saying that, not Angelo.

Well, this has got me thinking it over...A bit of new general writing may be coming down the pike, so I guess it isn't out of the question by a long shot.

But, I totally have no problem with people writing Angelo/RE content themselves--provided I guess the RE authors don't have a problem with it? I wonder what it would end up getting packaged with, though--Angelo, the Crossmod pack, RE itself...?

As for bringing Semaj back, don't tempt me, JC. But this

Personally I'm waiting for a steamily incenstuous Sarevok encounter. "So, 'brother', exactly how far do those tattoos go?

There's no way Angelo could ignore that.

is really fanfic territory...

(just don't forget the Third Eye Blind quote as the epigraph)

Archived