Later versions to have RE content?

AkashaCatBat

Modding is fanfiction. Only presented in an interactive form. The code doesn't really add validity, though it makes the intergration of the ff into the original easier.

True, true...I mean, fanfiction in the sense of "yaoi fanfiction written by twelve-year-old maiden" (not that I have anything against yaoi fanfiction written by twelve-year-old maidens)

(Shrug) Actually, there were 2 mods started and not realized with Sarevok's relationship. I don't know what yaoi means, but I'd say that the concepts were grown up in both. Superficial and non-superficial interpretaions are the everyday realities of the derivative work.

I wonder what it would end up getting packaged with, though--Angelo, the Crossmod pack, RE itself...?
It would be easiest to stick it in Crossmod, in all honesty. People are used to sticking that at the end of their installs.

Just to be clear, I don't mean to say that all stories involving homosexual relationships are somehow childish (although incidentally, the term yaoi originally meant something like "having no point" or "having no punchline," for some reason)--simply that fanfiction involving a same-sex relationship between two characters (like Sarevok and Angelo) who seemed pretty straight canonically, while such can be quite enjoyable, is the sort of thing you expect to see authored by people with handles with RubeeKittee.

Although, when I think about it, the Angelo mod is pretty gayed-out--between Sawara, Rieltar, a lot of what Angelo says about "comrades," and male PCs having the option to hit on him. But that's neither here nor there...

Oh, I didn't read JC's suggestion as Angelo and Sarevok doing the nasty, just Angelo reacting to Sarevok's romance with a female PC. Well, yeah, impressions, impressions.

Even better, JC didn't say anything about Sarevok at all. I wrote about Semaj.

Just to be clear, I don't mean to say that all stories involving homosexual relationships are somehow childish (although incidentally, the term yaoi originally meant something like "having no point" or "having no punchline," for some reason)--simply that fanfiction involving a same-sex relationship between two characters (like Sarevok and Angelo) who seemed pretty straight canonically, while such can be quite enjoyable, is the sort of thing you expect to see authored by people with handles with RubeeKittee.

Or people with names like mine? :cool:

And I don't really compare mods to fanfic, though now that I think about it, that is exactly what it is, and as some of the mods out there show, you get the same range of quality in it. Well, to a lesser degree, I suppose.

PS - (I'd change it if I knew how - I wanted to be ambiguous as possible and so registered on every board as CrazeeFfan (classy, I know), thinking that everybody had stupid names like this one - but the typical Baldur's Gate fan/player isn't a mindless 12 year old, I quickly realised - I've been feeling sheepish about my (perhaps suitably) childish username for the better part of almost two years)

PPS - (Ironically, I do write fanfiction like that. Wait, that isn't irony...)

Oh that was my fault, and I did mean the PC and Sarevok, of course, although I was joking. (Oh and I'm back, btw...Tadaima and all that. A little jetlagged as I've been on a plane all night and lost six hours somewhere over the Atlantic).

As far as Angelo and RE goes, I can understand where SV is coming from. Although he's a boozing and whoring sort of guy (Angelo, not SV!) I really can't see him mending his ways for a woman who acts the same way. It's more of an opposites attract sort of situation, as far as I understand it. The PC has to break down a lot of barriers before he'll commit to anything with her and if she then cheated on him, I can see him getting hurt and then growing more cynical, rather than forgiving and moving on. Just my interpretation, anyway.

Or people with names like mine? ;)

And I don't really compare mods to fanfic, though now that I think about it, that is exactly what it is, and as some of the mods out there show, you get the same range of quality in it. Well, to a lesser degree, I suppose.

PS - (I'd change it if I knew how - I wanted to be ambiguous as possible and so registered on every board as CrazeeFfan (classy, I know), thinking that everybody had stupid names like this one - but the typical Baldur's Gate fan/player isn't a mindless 12 year old, I quickly realised - I've been feeling sheepish about my (perhaps suitably) childish username for the better part of almost two years)

PPS - (Ironically, I do write fanfiction like that. Wait, that isn't irony...)

:cool: Leave it as is! There aint nothing wrong with being a Crazy FF Fan.

As far as Angelo and RE goes, I can understand where SV is coming from. Although he's a boozing and whoring sort of guy (Angelo, not SV!) I really can't see him mending his ways for a woman who acts the same way. It's more of an opposites attract sort of situation, as far as I understand it. The PC has to break down a lot of barriers before he'll commit to anything with her and if she then cheated on him, I can see him getting hurt and then growing more cynical, rather than forgiving and moving on. Just my interpretation, anyway.

Hmm...That is a way to look at it, yeah...

Archived