If I have to pick up one more thing off the ground...

Obligatory Pretextual Noob Apology:

I'm new to posting here and new to posting questions in general, actually, so I may be asking a question that's already been asked or asking a question in the wrong place. If so I apologize.

So here's my question:

It seems to me that an inordinate amount of game time is spent picking stuff up off the ground and then transferring it in your inventory into a container (like a bag of holding). Has anyone ever tried to make a mod that would just sweep everything on the ground right into a bag of holding? Or maybe just everything the party can see (that's not in the grayed out area, I mean)? I don't even know if it's possible, but it's something I'd really like to have.

Maybe I've been playing IE games too long but I find the 'picking stuff up off the ground' part quite a relaxing end to an intense battle. I also sing 'loot, loot, loot the corpse' in my head whilst doing it. I think that bit comes from reading The Order of the Stick though.

Guest Guest

I'm in the same boat as Fyorl. Nothing I find more relaxing than those few minutes after a good battle, poking around the corpses of my enemies to see what good junk they have.

It's also an opportunity to gather my thoughts, review how things went and make preparations for the next encounter, but perhaps that's just me.

I'm not sure that I would want any such mod. Quite often most of the items that are left lying on the ground are useless junk that you don't need anyway. If it's BG1 and hard times, yeah, it's nice to grab everything to sell, but part of the fun is NOT being able to carry everything you want. In BG2, you have so much gold that there's no point in grabbing every random object you encounter.

Guest Guest

Didn't the tab highlight come only with TOB? I remember going through SoA without tab highlight. Having done pixel-hunting graphical adventures before, I somewhat miss that part of looking for clickable containers. Tab highlight just spoils me.

In any case, I find miself going over the same enemies lots of times, because I'm paranoid and end up with the idea that I must have left something good. It also happens in real life, when I forget whether I have locked my car or not. It always happens some time after leaving the car and 95% of the time it's locked. Once in uni I told myself "Miguel, don't go back, it's almost certain you locked it". I found 8 hours later that the car was perfectly open.

Guest Guest

Didn't the tab highlight come only with TOB? I remember going through SoA without tab highlight. Having done pixel-hunting graphical adventures before, I somewhat miss that part of looking for clickable containers. Tab highlight just spoils me.

In any case, I find miself going over the same enemies lots of times, because I'm paranoid and end up with the idea that I must have left something good. It also happens in real life, when I forget whether I have locked my car or not. It always happens some time after leaving the car and 95% of the time it's locked. Once in uni I told myself "Miguel, don't go back, it's almost certain you locked it". I found 8 hours later that the car was perfectly open.

Archived