I Saw A Film Today, Oh Boy

AkashaCatBat

No one's talked about this one yet, so let me just say;

AVOID THE HAPPENING LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Ugh. I don't often consider walking out of movies, but I nearly did for this one. It wasn't scary, the plot "twists" were obvious and kinda stupid, the acting was non-existent and the violence was WAY over the top, to the point of being more funny than anything else.

There were maybe one or two chilling scenes that lasted all of 30 seconds. Not worth paying the $7+ it takes to see a movie.

Iron Man rocked. Nuff said.

The Incredible Hulk was much better than the Ang Lee one a couple years back. Well, I thought so, anyway. Actually the older version wasn't all -that- bad until about the last 40 minutes, but those last 40 minutes were absolutely godawful. Hell, everything relating to his father was absolutely utterly awful. Oh, and Lou Ferrigno doesn't just have a cameo as the security guard, he -voices- this version of the Hulk as well (and does a great job).

From every review I've read about The Happening, yes, it sounds absolutely godawful. Which is a shame, I rather liked most of M. Night's other films, the ones I've seen anyway (Unbreakable in particular).

I do have to recommend Sidekick as an awesome small indie flick I just saw tonight. It just got released on DVD in the States. It's a superhero movie, but very unlike any of the others discussed. It's actually - get this - rather original. To give you an idea, Rotten Tomatoes has given it 11 positive out of 11 reviews so far. Yup. 100%. Deserved it too, I think.

Qwinn

I liked the new Indy movie. I don't think it was too different in character to the older ones - obviously Indy is older and the setting is later so the atmosphere isn't the same, but they did a good job with it - the whole commie consipiracy/paranoia stuff worked perfectly with the Roswell stuff. The earlier ones are just as ridiculous if you go back and watch them again (but in a good way). It seemed quite short, though!

One of my friends saw the Happening and said it was very average. I won't rush to see it myself.

The Incredible Hulk was much better than the Ang Lee one a couple years back. Well, I thought so, anyway. Actually the older version wasn't all -that- bad until about the last 40 minutes, but those last 40 minutes were absolutely godawful. Hell, everything relating to his father was absolutely utterly awful. Oh, and Lou Ferrigno doesn't just have a cameo as the security guard, he -voices- this version of the Hulk as well (and does a great job).

Ah, that's interesting, We've just been seeing the trailers out here and I thought the Hulk sounded awfully familiar...

Might actually be worth seeing this one if it's not so bad. f it's in the same league as Iron Man it'll probably be a good watch.

The Sidekick thing sounds rather interesting too... A superhero movie told from the sidekick's perspective would be a very unique way to do things.

I saw the Incredible Hulk last night and I really enjoyed it. I like what marvel are doing and the way they are tying their movies together. Also the opening sequence was a really smart and effective way to set the story.

I highly recommend seeing it! :D

Guest Guest

L.A. Confidential

So I know this movie is older, but I saw it for the first time a couple of days ago and, holy crap, I loved it. It's got a stellar cast including Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce (yum!), Kevin Spacey, Kim Bassinger, Danny DeVito and James Cromwell. If you like mysteries, comedies, or action-adventure flicks you'll find something to like here.

Anyone seen The Dark Knight yet?

I dont recomend it if you want to keep Heath in your memory as he was in, say, a Knights Tale, but he is very good as the Joker.

Otherwise, I think it was too long but a good action cgi extravaganza.

Archived