I'll Try Anything Once...

DavidNowlin

Hi.

Again, I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place, but I chose here because you guys answered my last question so well and this question is at least tangentially related to the NPC project.

I'm playing BG I and II through BGT for the first time in about a year and this time I'm really trying to do the whole thing start to finish and get as much out of the game as possible on a single run-through. With that in mind, I'm trying to cycle through all the NPCs and do everything that relates to each one of them that isn't precluded by some conflict with something else (like, I know I can't romance male and female characters or good and evil characters, etc..)

With that in mind, I notice that I'm getting sort of close to running out of game time without having finished all the stuff there is to do. I know a lot of things (like lovetalks) wait for realtime triggers and I know there's a CLUAConsole command that accelerates real time. "CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(XXXXXX)". I'm comfortable with the idea of using that command (and have already done it once to jumpstart the Dynaheir romance) but I don't really understand it and I'm afraid to use it if I don't know all the effects it's going to have.

So here's my question: What's that number mean? The one in the parentheses that I have represented by Xs in the quote up there. Is that seconds? Frames? Nanoseconds? What's that all about? I mean, I don't know if it's necessary to jump forward into 2015 if all I've gotta kill is an hour of real time and I can think of some fairly unlikely but nevertheless plausible side effects for doing that. In short, What number should I put in the parentheses if I want to just jump forward an hour?

Anybody know?

I notice that I'm getting sort of close to running out of game time
You can run out of game time? Guess I never got that far.
What's that number mean? The one in the parentheses that I have represented by Xs in the quote up there. Is that seconds?
I think it's seconds... not sure, but most timers are measured in seconds.

BG1 NPC has a banter accelerator too as an optional component, though I don't know if that affects things like lovetalks.

You can run out of game time? Guess I never got that far.

I just meant that I'm coming to the end of the game.

And I know about the banter accelerator (which doesn't, I think, affect lovetalks, but there's an option for accelerating those as well in the mods).

I'm going to work under the assumption that it's seconds and just fill in those Xs with 3600 and see where that takes me. If anyone knows the answer for sure, please let me know. :cool:

Archived