NPC's doesn't always respond

Guest Robert

Guest Robert

Just installed the 4-disk version of this game, and the 1.1 patch. After that i installed the wide screen-mod, but i've had one particularly annoying problem. Sometimes when i try to talk to an NPC they won't respond, and my character won't even approach them if i click directly on them. I'd imagine this would be a game breaking bug if it happened with someone necessary to the plot, so i'm a little worried. I've had some luck "fixing" this by exiting and re-entering the area, but this really got me rather worried.

Just installed the 4-disk version of this game

Which game? PST? SoA? Halo 3?

After that i installed the wide screen-mod, but i've had one particularly annoying problem. Sometimes when i try to talk to an NPC they won't respond, and my character won't even approach them if i click directly on them. I'd imagine this would be a game breaking bug if it happened with someone necessary to the plot, so i'm a little worried. I've had some luck "fixing" this by exiting and re-entering the area, but this really got me rather worried.

Whatever the cause, it's not my fault.

Guest Robert

Sorry, it's PS: T. Been playing all day, and each time it happens, closing and re-starting the game seems to work. If i've only installed the mod on top of the patched version of the game, is it safe to make a back-up of the save-files, uninstall it completely and re-install the game with the mod to see if that removes any problems?

Guest Robert

Just finished the game, and the bug didn't become a problem, but i'd just like to say that this mod is greatly appreciated. With the increased resolution this game goes from appalling to beautiful on my 1680x1050, and i doubt i would have ever actually picked this up again if it wasn't for this mod.

Thanks

Archived