Don't think this is working

Zamael

Well, her first talk is her firndship talk at rest. Since your banters are now working, you should be getting it once the timer clicks through and if no other banter takes a precedence at rest.

Yeah, the timer prevents the talks from occuring back to back on the same rest, so you only see it one at a time. To put the worries to rest just keep resting experimentally a few times in a row and see if Shar-Teel's first talk trigger.

Yeah it doesn't seem to work. Been experimented for a while now, and got several chances for her to open her mouth, but no avail. But I'm almost at the end of the game by now, anyway: Just gotta hope that this won't happen again.

Just for kicks, what are your values for

X#SharMatch

X#SharInterestTalk

the kickoff:

/* Interest talks */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#SharMatch","GLOBAL",0)
CheckStatGT(Player1,10,CHR)
CheckStatGT(Player1,10,STR)
Gender(Player1,MALE)
!Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)
!Alignment(Player1,LAWFUL_NEUTRAL)
!Race(Player1,HALFLING)
ReputationLT(Player1,10)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
RealSetGlobalTimer("X#SharInterestTime","GLOBAL",100)
SetGlobal("X#SharMatch","GLOBAL",1)
END

which goes on the first matching party rest...

IF %BGT_VAR%
RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#SharInterestTime","GLOBAL")
RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#DreamTalk","GLOBAL")
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
HPPercentGT(Player1,95)
HPPercentGT("sharteel",95)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",1)
ReputationLT(Player1,11)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
RealSetGlobalTimer("X#DreamTalk","GLOBAL",180)
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("shrar")
SetGlobal("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",2)
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

on rest...

Guest Shinsanity

Hmmm... coincedentally i seem to be having the exact same problem as the original poster of this thread.

I have gotten the first lovetalk with shar-teel (and chosen to sleep with her) and then, nothing. nothing at all has been happening ever since.

Have checked and double checked my requirements, dreamtalk script and variabals but i cant see anything wrong with these.

X#SHARINTEREST = 3

X#SHARMATCH = 1

Have also tried resetting shar interest back to 1, but that only seems to kick off her flirts, not her lovetalks.

Anyone got any advice?

-Thanks

Any time Shar-Teel's interest is at 3, you have somehow ticked her off. Easy to do, too, as she is not exactly the goodie-two-shoes type, and hanging out with a biker chick with a chip on her shoulder and a bad attitude (with a serious distain for weakness in any form) is akin to walking blindfolded into a minefield :cool:

/* First part of talks, 2 through 11 */
IF %BGT_VAR%
RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#SharInterestTime","GLOBAL")
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
See(Player1)
OR(14)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",3)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",5)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",7)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",11)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",15)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",17)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",19)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",21)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",23)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",27)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",29)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",31)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",33)
Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",41)
OR(2)
Global("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",2)
ReputationLT(Player1,11)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
IncrementGlobal("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",1)
END

All the ways you can get kicked to the curb:

Searching for: SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)

bg1npc\phase1\dlg\x#sharteel.d(226): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~

bg1npc\phase1\dlg\x#sharteel.d(232): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~

bg1npc\phase1\dlg\x#sharteel.d(252): IF ~~ THEN DO ~RestParty() SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~

bg1npc\phase1\dlg\x#sharteel.d(271): IF ~~ THEN DO ~RestParty() SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~

bg1npc\phase1\dlg\x#sharteel.d(309): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#totsc.d(381): //DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#totsc.d(387): //DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#totsc.d(393): //DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#totsc.d(591): DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#totsc.d(600): DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#totsc.d(609): DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~

bg1npc\phase3\brrom\baf\p#brrom.baf(74): SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)

bg1npc\phase3\pid\x#pcinit.d(1489): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) ActionOverride("sharteel",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("sharteel",Enemy()) ActionOverride("sharteel", Attack(Player1)) ~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\pid\x#pcinit.d(1761): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(14): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(76): ++ @29 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(84): ++ @32 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(122): ++ @32 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(186): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(224): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(369): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(395): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(517): IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride(Player1,ApplyDamagePercent(Player1,5,CRUSHING)) SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(541): IF ~~ THEN DO ~ SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(547): ++ @216 DO ~ SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(820): IF ~~ THEN DO ~ SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(825): IF ~~ THEN DO ~ SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(876): IF ~~ THEN DO ~ SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(939): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) LeaveParty() Enemy()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(994): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1014): IF ~~ DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) LeaveParty() Attack(Player1)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1073): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1080): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1309): IF ~~ THEN DO ~ SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1314): IF ~~ THEN DO ~ SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) RestParty()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1356): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1434): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1523): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1857): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) GivePartyGold(-100000) ActionOverride(Player1,ApplyDamagePercent(Player1,50,CRUSHING)) LeaveParty() EscapeArea() RestParty()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1867): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) GivePartyGold(-100000) ActionOverride(Player1,ApplyDamagePercent(Player1,50,CRUSHING)) LeaveParty() EscapeArea() RestParty()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1877): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) GivePartyGold(-100000) ActionOverride(Player1,ApplyDamagePercent(Player1,50,CRUSHING)) LeaveParty() EscapeArea() RestParty() ~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(1897): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) GivePartyGold(-100000) ActionOverride(Player1,ApplyDamagePercent(Player1,50,CRUSHING)) LeaveParty() EscapeArea() RestParty()~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(2086): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(2123): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(2143): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(2192): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

bg1npc\phase3\shrom\dlg\x#shrom.d(2611): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharDelFlower","GLOBAL",4) SetGlobal("X#SharInterest","GLOBAL",3) LeaveParty() Enemy() Attack(Player1)~ EXIT

Found 47 occurrence(s) in 5 file(s)

To find out what went wrong, you might try to go back to a save before you sleep with her, and try some other options. Unlike a Real Woman , computer programs are notoriously forgiving, allowing you to go back and change your choices. And it doesn't even involve chocolates, roses, and introspection (all of which SharTeel would find pandering, unamusing, and a sign of weakness, I think).

Guest Shinsanity

Thanks for the reply cmorgan,

However, looks like im still not able to continue on:

I reloaded an old save and went to pick up shar-teel and tried all of the options to see if any would have some effect. So far, i've noticed that the "non-mushy" options all continue the romance but it seems to be FLIRTS ONLY.

I havent been getting any lovetalks from her, even though flirts intiate and her music theme plays.

I used the advance real time option to test if it was working... it wasn't. :cool:

Sharinterest variable is now set at 1 by the way.

Im playing a lawful evil sorcerer with 16STR and 16CHA with a rep of 6....

Am i really missing something here or is something else at work here?

Guest Guest

VICTORY! THE ROMANCE RUNS!

I dont know why, but somehow my sharinteresttalk variable was stuck at 1. Only by manually setting the variable to 2 and then force talking to her did i get the next lovetalk.

Don't know if this is a bug of some sort, but by doing some digging on these forums i found that quite a lot of people have had some problems with starting the shar romance.

Thanks again for the help though... and yes, a quicksave and quickload hotkey would come in real handy in dealing with RealWomen. :cool:

Did you try force-talking her before resetting the variable? It looks like the talk just got cache'd because of other actions happening in the game, ie you moved just when she was about to talk.

Guest Shinsanity

I just loaded an earlier save and tried... no result.

I just get the normal banter/flirt tree when force talking shar-teel before setting the variable to 2.

I recall pausing the game *somewhat* immediatly after shar-teel joining though, since kagain was still chopping at her with his axe from the duel. Could this perhaps have caused some variables to not have been set correcty?

I think one reason that folks have trouble starting this romance is that this block has too many conditions on it. Folks don't rest when they and she are both at

HPPercentGT(Player1,95)

HPPercentGT("sharteel",95)

and in combination with the other conditions, it is tough to get this to fire. But these posters succeeded, and still had troubles. I know erebusant has completed this romance, as have several others, but rechecking...

blast. I don't see any problems. But IncrementGlobal instead of SetGlobal is a PITA to troubleshoot. I will set aside some more time.

Archived