Recoloured BG1 Portraits?

Guest Guest_Necaradan666_*

Guest Guest_Necaradan666_*

Does anyone know if exists or locations of recoloured BG1 portraits, so they match better with the washed out BG2 portrait style? I think I used to have something like this last time I was playing BG games but I have no idea where I might find something like that now

I think the original poster wants BG2 portraits in BG1 style, not the other way around.

The BG1 portraits are still available in BG2 as in BG1 under the NPC names, e.g. ajantisl/m/s.bmp, aloral/m/s.bmp etc. The BG2 portraits prepend an 'n' to the file names (naeriel/m/s.bmp etc.).

Guest Guest

I know about the Plasmocat portrait pack but they are nothing like I want.

What I wanted are the original BG1 character portraits in lighter colours so that they match up better when using a BG2 portrait for the main character.

I am playing Tutu and found that the game still uses the old darker versions, easiest to see example of what I mean when using BG1 Edwin portrait for main character and then add Edwin to party.

In BG2 the old BG1 portraits have been made somewhat lighter, I was just wondering if there was an easy way to get all the NPCs to use these lighter portraits for my Tutu games

In BG2 the old BG1 portraits have been made somewhat lighter, I was just wondering if there was an easy way to get all the NPCs to use these lighter portraits for my Tutu games
I see what you're talking about. The difference is slight, but it's there.

It'd be a matter of about 10 minutes of coding to do a mod that switches the NPC portrait resources.

Archived