Odd Problem w/ Baldur's Gate II SoA/Tob

Guest Fox

I've spent the last few days trying to get the WSM to work for me, to little avail. ATM, I've only been trying with Baldur's Gate II (with the ToB expansion of four or so mods). I've set the resolution to my PC's native resolution, 1680x1050, and the mod works perfectly. Everything is crisp and clear and perfect. Well, not perfect, exactly--the text is way, way, WAY to small. I can't read anything without pressing my face a few inches from the screen. Very irritating.

However, the patcher does not seem to work with ANY other resolutions. I've tried several--1280x800, 1440x900, etc.--but each time I do, the game loads... buggy. I don't really know how to describe it, so I'll just post a link: http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1512/bg2bh1.png

Someone on GameFAQs told me that he'd had a similar problem in the past, but had forgotten how it was fixed. I've re-installed, I've switched orders, I've messed with configuration settings, region settings, display settings, updated video drivers and all kinds of things, but nothing I do has much effect. Can anyone help me out here?

And if there's no way to tweak the game to work for me in a slightly lower resolution, is there any method to increase the default text size?

Can you set 1440x900 as your native desktop resolution? If not, then BG2 cannot be set at that resolution either, resulting in the bug you described. If you have an NVidia card, NVidia Control Panel -> Display -> Manage Custom Resolutions should help you set up 1440x900 as available.

If you hunt the topics, in one there's a link to a larger font :cool:

Archived