Suggestions

Salk

I've fixed Firestorm duration, and Meteor Swarm now is instantaneous. I can easily fix Ice Storm projectile too but I think Fix Pack already does it because in my install it ha a correct duration of 4. Thanks for pointing it out.

Demivrgvs,

I liked your revised Imprisonment spell but I would like to see also a revision of Flesh to Stone in the same manner so that Player1 being turned to stone won't trigger the Game Over sequence.

Those two "fixes" were my only reason to have tb_tweaks installed and I am trying to limit the number of installed mods. :D

Demivrgvs,

I liked your revised Imprisonment spell but I would like to see also a revision of Flesh to Stone in the same manner so that Player1 being turned to stone won't trigger the Game Over sequence.

Those two "fixes" were my only reason to have tb_tweaks installed and I am trying to limit the number of installed mods. :D

Yeah, actually SR's Imprisonment is very similar to tb_tweaks one. The only difference is that instead of changing target's INT to 25 before applying the Maze effect I've opted for lowering target's INT to 2.

Anyway I'd like too to revise somehow Flesh to Stone but I don't know where to start at the moment, I may ask the bigg what he has done, or if he is so kind to allow me using his code. Or I can ask Mike if he wants to test his coding skills with it! :D

P.S Here too I had selected Edit instead of Add Reply. Damn.

Any idea of a revised Flesh to Stone spell will make it in the official version 1 of SR?
No, I'm sorry. Will add it to "plans for future releases". Anyway Miloch has worked on P5Tweaks which has a component that does exactly what it takes and is compatible with SR.

Since I am at it, I will also ask about this: will version 2 have the Flesh to Stone spell revised in such a way that the main protagonist turned to stone will not trigger the Game Over sequence?

It'd be nice... :)

Since I am at it, I will also ask about this: will version 2 have the Flesh to Stone spell revised in such a way that the main protagonist turned to stone will not trigger the Game Over sequence?
Nope sorry...haven't worked on it yet. :devil: I'm stuck with a single issue (a compatility problem between SR's Death Knight and SCS) which is stopping me from releasing v2.

If I have to delay it another day I may work on something else but I'm not sure I'll give priority to this one thing in particular. :)

Anyway I'd like too to revise somehow Flesh to Stone but I don't know where to start at the moment, I may ask the bigg what he has done, or if he is so kind to allow me using his code.
All he does IIRC is make it a permanent stun (sort of like how he makes Imprisonment a permanent Maze instead). And he turns the armour a whitish colour which IMO looks a bit cheesy since it doesn't really simulate the "stoned" look you'd normally get. Of course, with enough effects, it would probably be possible to do that though.

P5Tweaks ensures loot doesn't get destroyed on petrification, but I don't believe it prevents the game ending on the protagonist's getting stoned (hence why it's compatible with tb#tweaks and doesn't need to absorb its content since they do two different things).

I won't make the lecture again of "why put feature X in mod B if it's already in mod A" - I'm sure you're familiar with it by now :). I understand you want to reduce your number of mods, but this argument does not really stand up on its own (even though I agree with it in principle, as I've said before). Now it might make sense if you got permission to include all of tb#tweaks and take over its maintenance (not that I think that likely - certainly not when the mod doing the takeover is non-patching). But there are other components of tb#tweaks obviously that have nothing to do with SR, so you'd still have to install both if you wanted them.

Well, guys...

The reason why I wish to see the Petrification Fix from TBTweaks (which anyway, in SR would have certainly some differences like different effects for the colour), it't the same reason why Demivrgvs decided to have Imprisonment fixed by the same principle.

The redundancy of a Mod is not really my concern. SR and IR may contain everything related to Spells and Items just because the mod names suggests it pretty much explicitedly.

Incorporating features from other mods and testing them in the hosting mod does also guarantee a different degree of compatibility. I would trust a feature more if it came directly from the Mod I am installing.

This is especially true for IR which is going to do quite some overwriting.

The redundancy of a Mod is not really my concern.
It is when you're suggesting to make mods redundant all the time ???.
SR and IR may contain everything related to Spells and Items just because the mod names suggests it pretty much explicitedly.
This is an impractical goal for any mod, as I've said. No single mod can expect to do everything related to spells or for items, particularly when there are so many other mods that mess with the same. Mods that do make this claim are in "monolithic" territory; they tend to control your whole game and try to prevent any other mods from changing things. I'm not saying Demivrgvs's mods are like this, but some mods are, and based on previous discussions, it's wouldn't be an improvement to try to emulate those mods.
Incorporating features from other mods and testing them in the hosting mod does also guarantee a different degree of compatibility. I would trust a feature more if it came directly from the Mod I am installing.

This is especially true for IR which is going to do quite some overwriting.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. If you're saying overwriting is more trustworthy than patching, you're wrong. You might be overwriting something important and not even be aware of it (either the modder or the player). Especially if mod A is going to incorporate code from mod B and then overwrite things. But I assume you're saying something different, because I know you're not that foolish :devil:.
The reason why I wish to see the Petrification Fix from TBTweaks (which anyway, in SR would have certainly some differences like different effects for the colour)
This is the only logical argument in the post (maybe I shouldn't've given it to you ???). If you're going to improve on the code (and overwriting is not an improvement :)) and the original author is unwilling or unavailable to do it, there's nothing wrong with this IMO and it might even make sense. But just copying code from another mod without changing (or actually degrading it, by overwriting instead of patching) does not make sense. It makes for double maintenance and double work for the modders, like we've discussed re: Thrown Hammers. Both mods would need anti-redundancy code to make sure they're not adding duplicate projectiles. And it doesn't make it easier for players, because then they'd need to know which mod to install, which is most recent, most compatible, etc., when before there was only one, so those questions didn't arise.

I didn't make myself clear. Even if I am no modder, I do know that overwriting is never a preferred solution to patching. What I meant to say is that if Demivrgvs incorporate a code originally present in another mod and somehow improve it and shape it to conform the hosting mod (in this case SR), I believe that as player I will be less concerned about possible compatibility problems just because the author is offering a specific feature as part of the Mod itself that he has released.

That was all... :)

Archived