Dynaheir Journal Bug

Guest Traxis

Guest Traxis

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. I installed BGT, then BG1 NPC Project, immensely happy with both of them so far, apart from the following: I have Edwin and Dynaheir in my party, didn't pick up Minsc cos he's crazy, and I did the whole Drizzt finding the journal thing, then Edwin asked for it and I said no. When I move area, Dynaheir realises her journal has been nicked by Edwin, and says something like "I would like everyone to know I have replaced the wards on my journal" or something like that, and there's a continue button at the bottom, but the trouble is when I click it, it acts as an end conversation button, it doesn't continue and she keeps saying her line, thereby preventing any further action of the party. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Found it - hmm. Is Edwin still in the party? Perhaps he is silenced or something - this is supposed to kick off a sequence of "if someone is there, they should talk" stuff.

All of this is in Dynaheir's script, so it will only run if she is ok and in the party and any (Myself)s are hers.

/* Fight with Edwin2 if the journal was NOT given to him. */
CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#EdwinStealsDyJournal","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~%DYNAHEIR_JOINED%~ DYEdwin2
@123
== ~%MONTARON_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("montaron") InMyArea("montaron") !StateCheck("montaron",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @124
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @125
== ~%CORAN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("coran") InMyArea("coran") !StateCheck("coran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @126
== ~%SAFANA_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("safana") InMyArea("safana") !StateCheck("safana",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @127
== ~%SKIE_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("skie") InMyArea("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @128
== ~%EDWIN_BANTER%~ @129 DO ~SetGlobal("X#EdwinStealsDyJournal","GLOBAL",2)~ EXIT

The fix for your game is to CLUAConsole the variable to 2 -

SetGlobal("X#EdwinStealsDyJournal","GLOBAL",2)

The biggest reply you would be missing is Edwin returning the journal -

@129 = ~Here it is, witch. I... I have inspected it as my duty to Thay dictated. (I would be damned if I let the witch know that I could not read it. It's gibberish anyway.)~

and I will recode the variable to be set before the rest of the responses, so that if edwin et al are not available, we won't have the problem. Though, if Edwin is incapacitated, this shouldn't happen at all... the darned thing kicks off with

/* Activate Edwin Steals the Journal */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",8)
Global("X#DJTOED1","GLOBAL",0)
GlobalTimerExpired("X#DJTOED","GLOBAL")
Global("X#EdwinStealsDyJournal","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("edwin")
InMyArea("edwin")
!Dead("edwin")
InMyArea(Player1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#EdwinStealsDyJournal","GLOBAL",1)
END

/* Initiate Edwin Steals the Journal */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#EdwinStealsDyJournal","GLOBAL",1)
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InMyArea(Player1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet("edwin")
END

So I am not sure what happened with your game. The variable can't be set unless at least Edwin and you and Dy are all ok! Just to make sure, I am extending the second block with the first block's conditions.

EDIT: v17 beta started today, incorporating this fix.

Guest Traxis

Cheers for the help; as I'm pretty inept at involved computer things, I think I'll just drop Dynaheir as I was thinking of doing so anyway. Edwin's enough till I dual class Imoen, I think, and plus I can pick up Viconia.

Archived