Bug in Abazigal's Lair

DavidW

For reasons I won't go into (check the readme spoilers) the rope is no longer given to the party by the monk in the kuo-toa lair.

Unfortunately, I'd failed to allow for the fact that the rope thereby just stays in the monk's inventory, and can be picked up off his corpse.

The workaround is obvious: don't pick up the rope! (The innkeeper in Amkethran can give you some.)

While you're here, in V5 it was possible to get stuck at killing Abazigal if you kept him pinned under 5 or 6 timestops (using them for attacks and not spells) and thus killed everybody without every allowing him to speak and/or buff. This had the adverse side effect of him not giving his speeches and thus becoming unkillable.

While you're here, in V5 it was possible to get stuck at killing Abazigal if you kept him pinned under 5 or 6 timestops (using them for attacks and not spells) and thus killed everybody without every allowing him to speak and/or buff. This had the adverse side effect of him not giving his speeches and thus becoming unkillable.

The dragon version, or the humanoid one?

Actually, it looks as if (Ascension or Vanilla) Abazigal is supposed to be immune to Timestop; I take it he isn't?

Both - he's supposed to talk on meeting, on defeating the Human version, on becoming Dragon, on defeating the Dragon version, and I got none of these (remember Imoen was a Swashbuckler->Mage with 4 attacks per round + Improved Haste and like 4 Time Stops).

And no, he isn't immune to it in Ch9 (I always ctrl-y everybody in Ch10 because I'm an impatient git).

Both - he's supposed to talk on meeting, on defeating the Human version, on becoming Dragon, on defeating the Dragon version, and I got none of these (remember Imoen was a Swashbuckler->Mage with 4 attacks per round + Improved Haste and like 4 Time Stops).

And no, he isn't immune to it in Ch9 (I always ctrl-y everybody in Ch10 because I'm an impatient git).

Okay, I'll see if something can be done (the "something" might well be restoring the timestop immunity, of course...). (He's not supposed to talk except on meeting and on defeating the dragon version, though - I think you're thinking of Draconis.)

Archived