Enhancing Single Weapon Style

Demivrgvs

How does the Monk's "invisible weapon" works? The trick would be to grant (via items) approriate bonuses while disabling the off-hand just like the monk class. Is it possible?

For example taking the inspiration from the Duelist's Deflect Arrow ability Gloves of Missile Snaring could be enhanced to grant protection from missile weapons (epic duelist can even deflect projectile-like spells! :D ).

Yeah, any weapons in the main hand would still get the 2 weapon style bonuses.
I dunno. In theory, you could put an unmovable shield there (with no shield bonuses) that increments the Single Weapon proficiency (and maybe even decrements the Two Weapon proficiency if you wanted).
I dunno. In theory, you could put an unmovable shield there (with no shield bonuses) that increments the Single Weapon proficiency (and maybe even decrements the Two Weapon proficiency if you wanted).
I'm quite sure it's not possible to decrement proficiencies, and I suppose a shield in the off-hand automatically removes any bonus from Single Weapon Style proficiency. :D
I'm quite sure it's not possible to decrement proficiencies, and I suppose a shield in the off-hand automatically removes any bonus from Single Weapon Style proficiency.
Yeah, you can only set BG2-style proficiencies via the opcode. You can probably script them +/- with StatChecks and possibly even force a nonweapon/nonshield into the offhand slot, but I dunno... it all sounds rather dodgy. Just don't put it in baldur.bcs whatever you do.

Archived