STATE_WHICH_SAYS

erebusant

First, can you use STATE_WHICH_SAYS to replace a SAY in a dialog where the particular SAY you want to replace is not neccesarily the same STATE number, dependant upon how many mods have already modified the dialog, and:

Second, if you can use it, what would be the proper syntax to use to get it to patch properly?

First, can you use STATE_WHICH_SAYS to replace a SAY in a dialog where the particular SAY you want to replace is not neccesarily the same STATE number, dependant upon how many mods have already modified the dialog

It will locate the state as long as the SAY is unique in the dialogue file. Be sure to check the return value though.

Afterwards you can use something like REPLACE_SAY to do the patching.

Second, if you can use it, what would be the proper syntax to use to get it to patch properly?

I think the readme has all the necessary information. What is unclear to you?

First, can you use STATE_WHICH_SAYS to replace a SAY in a dialog where the particular SAY you want to replace is not neccesarily the same STATE number, dependant upon how many mods have already modified the dialog

It will locate the state as long as the SAY is unique in the dialogue file. Be sure to check the return value though.

Afterwards you can use something like REPLACE_SAY to do the patching.

I think the readme has all the necessary information. What is unclear to you?

Wow... never mind. I think I was hoping to do something a lot more convoluted that just that, but it really is far simpler to change the source .tra

Archived