I think I really screwed up

Guest -Anonymous-

Guest -Anonymous-

I installed BG2/TOB and had played it for several days before getting my new BG1/TOTSC discs. I installed them, and when BG1 asked me to put in it's version of Direct X I did so without thinking. The BG1 animations were mostly all right, though some had black squares around them.

The next time I played BG2, the thing spazzed out on me, pausing and unpausing constantly. No problem, I figure; I'll just uninstall/reinstall. I'd have to start my current BG2 game over, but I can survive that particular aggravation.

So I install it, then when I go to configure the graphics options, it doesn't work at all. Do I need to get a new Direct X patch, or have I totally screwed over my BG experience for good?

Guest -Anonymous-

Well the good news the thing isn't crashing anymore. The bad news is that most everything in the game, BG1 or 2, still is in a little black box. I'm thinking the program didn't apply itself to the games. Sigh. Oh well, at least it works.

Well the good news the thing isn't crashing anymore. The bad news is that most everything in the game, BG1 or 2, still is in a little black box. I'm thinking the program didn't apply itself to the games. Sigh. Oh well, at least it works.

I think that someone more technically minded might be able to help you with this. Perhaps posting in either Noobermeet or General Mod Discussion would work out well for you.

Good luck! It sounds like an annoying problem to have.

Archived