Himself takes on Arcane Spells

Demivrgvs

Blindness

I have already expressed my opinion about it above but I am also now wondering if it was the case to remove the AC malus. I mean, the effects of blindness cannot only realistically impede attacks but even defense.

What made you want to change it?

Blindness

I have already expressed my opinion about it above but I am also now wondering if it was the case to remove the AC malus. I mean, the effects of blindness cannot only realistically impede attacks but even defense.

What made you want to change it?

Actually I haven't changed the Blindness effect, I've only fixed the description to match what the original effect really did. Vanilla's description erroneously says -4 to AC and THAC0 but the Blindness opcode actually reduces target's THAC0 by 10. I cannot change such thing, and adding AC penalties on top of -10 to thac0 would probably made this spell really too powerful (it's already much more powerful than Deafness imo).

It would be certainly be too poweful on those terms but you could make it reasonable by making it a malus of 2 points to AC and a malus of 2 points to THAC0. Can't you create a new effect for the spell that would replace the broken one? (this is one of those cases where I believe the description is better than the real effect)

It would be certainly be too poweful on those terms but you could make it reasonable by making it a malus of 2 points to AC and a malus of 2 points to THAC0. Can't you create a new effect for the spell that would replace the broken one?
I can make the spell work as vanilla's description, but it would imply not using the blindness opcode. Unfortunately doing such a thing would create quite a mess (e.g. creatures immune to blindness won't be immune to blindness spell anymore unless I patch each of them) and I can't afford it at the moment.

Arcane level 2 spell deafness

This spell is stacking or cumulative.

Casting it twice on someone causes them to have 100% spell casting failure.

Deafness

This spell is stacking or cumulative.

Casting it twice on someone causes them to have 100% spell casting failure.

Vanilla's "bug" I was not aware of, thanks, I'll solve it right away (fortunately it should be very easy).

aVenger recently discovered that even blindness effects stack! :) I'm going to prevent blinding spells from stacking but I'm not sure I can do something to prevent blindness caused by items or abilities from stacking.

aVenger recently discovered that even blindness effects stack! :) I'm going to prevent blinding spells from stacking but I'm not sure I can do something to prevent blindness caused by items or abilities from stacking.

Blindness effect on party member has a permenant -10 THAC0 even when dispelled.

Powerword Blind seems to be working ok.

Blindness effect on party member has a permenant -10 THAC0 even when dispelled.
I really don't know what it may have caused it...the blindness effect used by both spells was exactly the same with different duration. :) I've redone the spell from scratch and it now correctly works...not to mention it's not permanent anymore and non-stackable.

Archived