What needs testing?

Guest gnud

Hi!

I recently tried out GemRB for the first time. Good work!

I own all the Infinity Engine games, except Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster.

What do you want me to test? -- Perhaps I also get inspired and want to learn to write GuiScript, but I won't promise anything =)

And can we have level up functionality soon? :-p

Isn't Trials of the Luremaster available for free?

The most supported - working game is bg2:soa, but you can test whichever you want. Do remember that some functionality is completely missing and that some games' guiscripts don't implement yet even what is already available.

Guiscripts are simple python scripts, so it is not hard to get involved. :D:D

Level-up functionality is on my todo for this year and I'll probably start to work on it next, once I figure out something regarding the inventory.

Guest Guest
Isn't Trials of the Luremaster available for free?

Heh. Shows how much attention I am paying.

I know guiscripts are python scripts, and I know a fair amount of python, but it seems to me that the scripts require arcane knowledge of the engine innards.

Guest Guest_Jovan_*

Unfortunately yes :D

If you're familiar with C++ (or even C) have a look at the GameScript.cpp, Triggers.Cpp, Actions.cpp.

Some time to document the GemRB python lib (and even the engine itself) needs to be taken :D.

Cheers

Unfortunately yes :D

If you're familiar with C++ (or even C) have a look at the GameScript.cpp, Triggers.Cpp, Actions.cpp.

Some time to document the GemRB python lib (and even the engine itself) needs to be taken :D.

Cheers

The knowledge you can glean from those files is related to the gamescript system, which is quite well (though not fully) documented on IESDP. The gamescript system is almost the same as in the old IE, it is quite well understood by the modding community.

The GuiScript system is our own work (it is GemRB specific), and it is almost fully documented on the link Lynx noted. You can also have the same documentation in the downloaded engine source code.

Guest Guest_Jovan_*
The knowledge you can glean from those files is related to the gamescript system, which is quite well (though not fully) documented on IESDP. The gamescript system is almost the same as in the old IE, it is quite well understood by the modding community.

The GuiScript system is our own work (it is GemRB specific), and it is almost fully documented on the link Lynx noted. You can also have the same documentation in the downloaded engine source code.

The amount of information at IEDSP is suprisingly gigantic, although Edheldil said that parts of it were figured out while working on GemRB. Good to see the encryption on file formats was broken too.

Sadly IEDSP doesn't contain any information regarding the network protocol used by the commercial games, so further research is needed. I can take care of some of it once I'm finished my current project. You said two weeks ago that you have plans for rewriting parts of the engine so it's more friendly towards networked gameplay too. What are your plans for that?

(I'd get an account on the forum but it won't send out validation emails :D)

Guest Guest_gnud_*

Yes -- no luck with that validation email for me either.

Anyway, I had a closer look at the GUIScript system, and it's understandable. I think what scared me the first time, was the messy python code. Anyway, I found and fixed a bug in character generation in IWD2. How do you want patches?

Archived