Widescreen Resolution

Guest Water

Guest Water

Greetings

I got a problem guys , when I run the program widescreen , they ask me for the X and Y axis resolution.

I have been trying for about 40 min. to set many different resolutions. Not a single of them seems to work.

My screen is a 22'.

I tryed : 800/600 - 1280/1140 - 1400/1050 - 1680/1050 - 1600/1200

Not a single of these resolution seems to work..

Usualy the image of the game will be in the top left of my screen and even if I use my screen config to stretch de image it just wont fit.

So if anyone could give me some good X and Y axis that are working for BG 1 TotSC , that would help me a lot ! Thanks.

I checked the game in 1024x768, 1152x864 and 1280x1024 without problem.

Only the main game view is expanded. All the other screens (inventory, spells, ...) are indeed kept in the top-left side, keeping the 640x480 resolution. This looks like what you're describing. Additionally, is the smaller areas, the area is not centered but displayed in the top-left part too, with black strips to fill the bottom and right parts.

Guest Water
I checked the game in 1024x768, 1152x864 and 1280x1024 without problem.

Only the main game view is expanded. All the other screens (inventory, spells, ...) are indeed kept in the top-left side, keeping the 640x480 resolution. This looks like what you're describing. Additionally, is the smaller areas, the area is not centered but displayed in the top-left part too, with black strips to fill the bottom and right parts.

bump...

Well, there might be few reasons why the game doens't recognize the resolution change, number one is that you are using windows vista without turning off the User Account Control.

Another is that you aren't getting the fullscreen installation option, and the reason why(would be my guess) is that your GPU(=videocard) can't produce the graphics with the monitor.

So either turn off the UAC, or go to Control Panel->Personalization->Display Settings and take the Resolution setting currently on, and put them to the mod. (as few monitors have 1440x900 max res.)

And remember that to gain the 800x600 resolution, you need to put the 800 to the first line, and the 600 to the second line, and so forth...

Archived