trying to meet a number of objectives for a run through the saga

Lemernis

What about Baldur's Gate Trilogy versus Big Picture versus Big World? What's the difference between these? Which is best?
Think of it as big, bigger, biggest. In other words, BGT = BG1+2, BP = the BP AI mod (and usually refers to all the "big" mods), BWP = nearly everything possible.
I wish to be able to run all the mods available for a Tutu game and in a SoA/ToB game. DSotSC abd SCS are a must for this run through the saga.
Well, Tutu is something different than the above, and includes some mods that are not available for BGT/BWP (such as Finch and Hard Times). Finch, at least, is definitely worth playing. I haven't tried Hard Times, but it's gotten good reviews.

Thanks. What I meant is that I would like to use a lot of the mods that are used for Tutu, but in this case will also be compatible for BGT (or Big Picture or Big World).

I'm still not quite understanding what the difference is between BGT and Big Picture, for example. And how is Big World different from Big Picture? All three combine BG1/Tales and SoA/ToB, right?

I mean, it looks like most of the mods I want to use I could run with BGT. So unless there's some advantage to the other two mods, then I'll just go with BGT I think.

I'm still not quite understanding what the difference is between BGT and Big Picture, for example. And how is Big World different from Big Picture? All three combine BG1/Tales and SoA/ToB, right?
Well, yes and no. I thought I'd make things simple by the "big, bigger, biggest" analogy but I guess I'll bollox it up a bit :).

BGT is the merging of BG1 data onto the BG2 platform, which is probably what you're talking about for the most part. Technically, it's a mod, but I refer to it as a gaming "platform" - like Tutu or plain BG2.

BP is technically an AI mod for BGT. More loosely, it's also a family of mods (also for BGT), including most of the bigger ones specifically made compatible with it and BGT, such as NEJ, TDD, DSotSC, etc. You don't have to use all those though. BP also has some issues. As an AI mod, it does different and similar things to SCS, and has some potential compatibility issues. But as long as you install SCS after it and use the latest hotfixes (either in the SCS forum here or the Megamod/BWP forum on SHS) you should be ok.

BWP is more of a methodology than anything else. It tells you which mods you can install for BGT, the correct order, and so on. It also includes some minimods that for the most part relate specifically to resolving issues you'll inevitably have by stuffing more add-ons than anyone ever conceived of for such a game ;). Like I mentioned earlier though, you don't have to use everything in it - you can pick and choose. Technically, it includes BGT and BP, but you don't even have to use those (you could use the same methodology for modding plain BG2). You do want to read the latest postings in the Mega Mod forum though, such as my last test install. There is even more recent stuff than that, including reports that it works out better to install Ascension and Tactics before the Fixpack (as they overwrite data rather than patch).

There is no particular reason to use Tutu unless you're glued to the few mods I mentioned that haven't been (and probably won't be) converted to BGT, or you have loyalty to one platform over another (rather a ridiculous concept if you ask me). Just keep in mind that some mods are more stable for Tutu, as they've had a longer history there (such as BG1 NPC and SCS), whereas other mods are more stable for BGT (such as DSotSC, which is still in alpha for Tutu).

Thanks.

I guess the only reason to use Tutu now is if you want to play only BG1/Tales. By the same token, I guess you could always simply stop playing your game in BGT after completing that much.

I looked over the updated thread for mod compatability to BGT and see that the only mods I intended to try for this run that are not known to be compatible with BGT are Branwen NPC (for both Tutu and BG2) and Alora NPC (for BG2). Hardly dealbreakers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in fact compatible, though. They probably just haven't been tested yet.

Oh, also--can anyone recommend iiItems? It looks pretty good. Assuming it remains true to its claim that it doesn't add any overpowered items, having a more variety among enchanted items sounds fun.

Oh, also--can anyone recommend iiItems? It looks pretty good. Assuming it remains true to its claim that it doesn't add any overpowered items, having a more variety among enchanted items sounds fun.
I have installed it successfully on both Tutu and BGT/BWP but haven't gotten around to checking out the items. One thing I did notice recently is that it adds a bunch of potions to stores that probably shouldn't have them, like bags of holding for example. Kind of the equivalent of free loot there. (And if igi sees this and wonders why I didn't report it on TBG, well, I can only prowl so many forums...)
Thanks.

I guess the only reason to use Tutu now is if you want to play only BG1/Tales. By the same token, I guess you could always simply stop playing your game in BGT after completing that much.

Actually, I do think that on technical grounds there are some reasons to find TUTU more stable. It's somewhat more intuitively and systematically coded, but much more importantly the fact that your mod doesn't have to handle the BG2 transition makes life a lot simpler. (This bedevilled BG1NPC for a while; it was one of the big causes of stress in converting SCS to BGT.) So personally I'd probably recommend EasyTUTU over BGT for English-speaking players who don't need the BG2 transition.

Okay, here's the mod list I'll be using for BGT. Does this install order look okay?

Restored BG1 Casting Sounds

One Pixel Productions

Hard Times

Berserker Minsc

Gavin NPC

Mur'Neth NPC

Ajantis Expansion

Coran's Friendship

Xan's Friendship Path

Ariena NPC

Kido NPC

Kelsey NPC

Alora NPC

Branwen NPC

Tiax BG2 NPC

Xan BG2 NPC

Viconia Friendship

deArnise Romance

BG1 NPC Project

Romantic Encounters

IEP Extended Banters

Banter Pack

BG Mini-Quests and Encounters

BG1 Unfinished Business

Dark Side of the Sword Coast

The Grey Clan: In Candlelight

The Secret of Bone Hill

The Lure of the Sirine's Call

Level 1 NPCs

Ashes of Embers

PnP Celestials

Divine Remix

Song and Silence

Sword and Fist

BG2 Tweak Pack

Sword Coast Stratagems

Sword Coast Stratagems II

Okay, here's the mod list I'll be using for BGT. Does this install order look okay?
You're better off asking in the BGT/SHS forums, but L1NPCs should go pretty much last (after kit mods, Ashes of Ember, BG2 Tweaks proficiency components, etc.). Also, you might as well use existing mod lists as I guide, as I mentioned before, there's BWP, erebusant's logs on SHS, etc. - even if you're using a subset of the mods on them, you're still better off following the same order.

Thanks Miloch.

This is my first BGT game. The way I have always done Tutu installs is

Items/Stores/Spells

Tactics, Ascension if I'm going to use them

Kit mods

NPC mods

NPC Banter and Flirt Packs

Quest-related

Tweak, Rules Change, SCS

So that informs the above order. Plus, David W. recommends installing SCS dead last, even after BG2 Tweaks. For SCS II he also recommends installing last or next to last, the one exception being BG2 Tweaks can be installed after it. BG2 Tweak Pack readme recommends it be installed last.

I figured that if I do make any changes to NPCs' classes via L1NPCs that I would want those classes overwritten by Divine Remix, Song and Silence, Sword and Fist. Just as an example, if I made Xzar a cleric-mage, I figured he'd then be sure to get the Divine Remix spells. Ashes of Embers I'm only using one component from, namely allow priests to use bladed weapons.

The thing here is, you think that Level 1 NPCs is NPC related mod, it's actually more like rule change mod...

Ashes of Embers I'm only using one component from, namely allow priests to use bladed weapons.
So you don't want to put 4 stars to your npc cleric/fighters longsword skill at level 1? You obviously don't see the full potential of the mod.

Plus, David W. recommends installing SCS dead last, even after BG2 Tweaks.
That's because he wants his spell changes, to have priority over BG2 Tweaks's. I would recommend to chose which, as you wish.

And you also might have to run the setup-gui.exe(it's included in BGT, after it installation) at the end as it sets the music list right as some of the relationship NPC mod have music and thus the list can be overcrowded ending you not able to start the game, but before the Widescreen mod, which despite it's name, works as well with Narrowscreen in screen resolution change. This mod is the last mod to be installed, always and every time.

BP is technically an AI mod for BGT. More loosely, it's also a family of mods (also for BGT), including most of the bigger ones specifically made compatible with it and BGT, such as NEJ, TDD, DSotSC, etc.

FYI: ...

Since at least version 176, 'The Big Picture' (BP) mod no longer refers to a family of mods. See BPv177_ReadMe for the reasons/history {the divestiture began in v176}.

BP is a separate AI mod -- similar to Tactics, SCS, etc. -- designed for BG2 (no longer designed specifically for BGT or other big mods).

The thing here is, you think that Level 1 NPCs is NPC related mod, it's actually more like rule change mod...

Thanks for the responses.

No, I do understand it is a rules change mod. I have it placed in that cluster in the installation order. But like I said, I just figured it should go before Divine Remix, Song and Silence, and Sword and Fist, so that if I do change any NPCs' class that they will benefit from the general tweaks to the various classes made by those mods. Eg, additional DR spells for clerics. Or Imoen changed to Blade will not suffer a pickpocketing penalty. Etc.

Ashes of Embers I'm only using one component from, namely allow priests to use bladed weapons.
So you don't want to put 4 stars to your npc cleric/fighters longsword skill at level 1? You obviously don't see the full potential of the mod.

You're right! I'm sure there is vast potential for that mod. I'd appreciate any suggestions folks have on fun character builds using it! Both for the PC and NPCs.

And you also might have to run the setup-gui.exe(it's included in BGT, after it installation) at the end as it sets the music list right as some of the relationship NPC mod have music and thus the list can be overcrowded ending you not able to start the game, but before the Widescreen mod, which despite it's name, works as well with Narrowscreen in screen resolution change. This mod is the last mod to be installed, always and every time.

Widescreen I won't be using. I like to see the characters as big as possible on the screen. For my taste, a substantial shrinking in the size of the creatures outweighs that mod's sharper overall resolution and larger background area. The BG2 800x600 resolution is already okay for me.

Just to make sure I understand: Widescreen isn't required to set music order via setupBGT.exe, correct? It sounded like you're just pointing out that if I do installl Widescreen it should always be installed/run last; otherwise reordering music files via setupBGT and Widescreen have no relation in terms of functioning, right?

For the PC I might also try some sort of Shadow Keeper-hacked dual classed combination of

a) Kensai or

b) specialty Fighter kit from Sword and Fist

dualed to a specialty priest kit from Divine Remix.

Eg, I once made a Berserker 7/Stormlord of Talos, and that was pretty satisfying.

(Note: I always dual at level 7, since I hate waiting to get the original class skills backany longer than I have to.)

The character believes everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves. He may at times feel compassion for someone's plight, but he's not a champion of the underdog, not a save-the-world type. He is basically mercenary in his attitude. Good deeds are fine but his primary motivation is a combination of adventurism and the hope of profit (realizing that evil enemies typically have wealth and loot to be collected). He has no compunction about adding evil characters to the party--anyone who can get the job done and function as part of a team is welcome. But he is not evil, he's not driven by tendencies toward sadism or subjegation of others.

Please make suggestions on this if you have any. For reference sake:

Sword and Fist Kits

HEXBLADE: Combining the dynamic powers of martial prowess and arcane might, the Hexblade presents a deadly challenge to opponents unused to such a foe. Hexblades adventure for personal gain, whether that gain is power, prestige, wealth, or all the above. The style of the Hexblade is selfish, sometimes even cruel, and even the friendliest-seeming Hexblade is typically self-serving. Their magic aids them in combat, and they specialize in cursing their foes.

Hexblades are able to use their magic while wearing armor, and may be of any non-good alignment.

Advantages:

- Gains a +1 bonus to saves vs. spells. An additional +1 bonus is gained at level 11.

- May cast Doom once per day per 5 levels.

- From level 4, may cast Charm Person and Sleep once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 8.

- From level 7, may cast Greater Malison once per day. Extra uses are gained at levels 14 and 20.

- From level 8, may cast Invisibility and Mirror Image once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 12.

- From level 12, may cast Protection from Normal Missiles and Vampiric Touch once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 16.

- From level 16, may cast Improved Invisibility and Polymorph Other once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 20.

Disadvantages:

- May only Specialize (2 stars) in weapons.

- THAC0 does not improve at levels 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20.

- May not dualclass.

A Hexblade may pick the Wizard spells of Power Word: Blind, Silence or Stun as HLAs, each useable once per day, in addition to the normal choice available to a Fighter. These are cast in the same manner as their other spells.

DUELIST: The Duelist is the happy-go-lucky hero with the ready wit and the flashing rapier. He's happiest when he's in the big city, but can be an imposing warrior anywhere-enemies often underestimate him because of his charming manners and don't realize that he can hold his own in the melee as well as anyone else. Attacking with a trademark speed and grace, the Duelist's agility makes up for their disdain for heavy armor or large weapons. The Duelist, because he's bright and well-spoken, often becomes party leader... or at least the leader's spokesman.

Duelists are found among all races and alignments.

Advantages:

- Gains a +1 bonus to weapon speed factor, THAC0 and damage per 10 levels.

- Gains a +1 bonus to armor class per 5 levels.

Disadvantages:

- Grand Mastery may only be attained using single-handed, bladed weapons. All other weapons, and the Two-Handed Weapon fighting style, are limited to one proficiency point.

- May not wear armor heavier than studded leather.

FIST OF ORDER: While many view the Fists simply as efficient (if brutal) mercenaries, they are in fact templars sworn to the service of their unforgiving deities--typically Iyachtu Xvim, son of the dead Bane, Lord of Tyranny. Members are also sometimes found among other militaristic and Lawful faiths, such as that of Helm. The world is a dark and unforgiving place, or so says the Church of Xvim, wherein the strong survive by ruling the weak and forging order from the chaos. To support its dogma, the Church established this elite company of templars and made them available for hire to those whose causes complemented the Church's ultimate goals (and who could, naturally, afford to pay the hefty tithes necessary to maintain a crack unit of well-armed and well-trained men and women). The Fists are infamous for their efficient brutality: nowhere will an employer in need of military aid locate mercenaries more dedicated to ensuring that the rule of law prevails over the forces of anarchy and confusion.

Fists of Order must be of Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil or Lawful Neutral alignments. They sacrifice mastery of any single weapon in favor of the highly efficient use of many types of weapon, allowing them to act as most appropriate for the situation at hand.

Advantages:

- Gains a +1 bonus to THAC0 per 6 levels.

- From 4th level, gains a +1 bonus to damage per 6 levels.

- From 7th level, may cast Cloak of Fear once per day. Extra uses are gained at levels 14 and 20.

Disadvantages:

BLACKGUARD: not playing evil, so not an option here.

DUSKBLADE: The duskblade blurs the line between spellcaster and warrior, marrying the power of magic with hand-to-hand combat prowess. A student of ancient elven spellcasting techniques, the duskblade combines arcane spellcasting with the combat skills of a fighter. While the ability to cast arcane spells in armor originated with the elves, over the millennia the secrets of the duskblade have been disseminated to the other races and today members of any race can become a duskblade.

Duskblades are able to use their magic while wearing armor up to and including splint mail, and may be of any non-evil alignment.

Advantages:

- From level 4, may cast Entropic Shield and Magic Missile once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 8 and 12. Entropic Shield forms a magical residue providing mild protection from all ranged attacks. The shield has a 20% chance of deflecting a missile attack away from the caster. This lasts for 5 rounds per 4 levels of the caster.

- From level 7, may cast Melf's Acid Arrow once per day. Extra uses are gained at levels 14 and 20.

- From level 8, may cast Remove Magic and Haste once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 12.

- From level 12, may cast Greater Malison and Stoneskin once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 16.

- From level 16, may cast Breach and Phantom Blade once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 20.

Disadvantages:

- May not dualclass.

- May not use bows or missile weapons

- Can only wear armor up to and including splint mail

A Duskblade may pick the Wizard spells of Tenser's Transformation, Mantle or Mordenkainen's Sword as HLAs, each useable once per day, in addition to the normal choice available to a Fighter. These are cast in the same manner as their other spells.

Divine Remix Kits

MORNINGLORD OF LATHANDER: Lathander, also called the Morninglord, is the god of the spring, dawn, birth, and renewal, a god of beginning and hidden potential, a deity of conception, vitality, youth, renewal, and self-perfection. He is the commander of creativity. He is a native of the plane of Elysium, and he is on good terms with Chauntea. Lathander's symbol is a simple disk of rosy pink hue. These disks are often cut of rose quartz or similar minerals.

Lathander is a god of beginnings, and even individuals who worship other gods still offer a prayer to him at the start of a journey of endeavor. Lathander's name is invoked to seal alliances and start new ventures or companies. As a result, Lathander is very popular among the merchant classes, and has benefited accordingly.

Morninglords of Lathander can only be of Neutral Good, Lawful Good, Chaotic Good, and True Neutral alignments.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Mace - 'Dawn's Embrace' once per day

The mace is the spiritual weapon of Morninglords of Lathander, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The mace is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Boon of Lathander once per day

This spell lasts for 6 seconds per level of the caster. It gives the caster +1 to hit, +1 to damage, +1 to all saving throws and gives the caster 1 extra attack per round. It also protects the recipient from level drain.

- From level 7 can cast Hold Undead once per day, as third level mage spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Flame Strike once per day, as fifth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast Heal once per day, as sixth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Greater Restoration once per day, as seventh level cleric spell of the same name

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, astral, charm, creation, elemental, healing, necromantic (restorative forms only), plant, sun, thought, wards, weather

- Minor access to the spheres of combat, divination, guardian, time

- No access to the spheres of animal, chaos, law, numbers, protection, summoning, travelers, war

WATCHER OF HELM: The god of guardians and protectors, Helm is the epitome of the guardian, the watcher, the guard, and has in years past been greatly venerated by those who need to remain watchful for evil at their doorsteps. Helm is ever-vigilant, and embodies the spirit of lawful neutrality. Helm makes his home on the clockwork plane of Nirvana, in a region separate from Mystra. Helm's Symbol is an open eye painted onto a gauntlet.

Helm teaches that one must be ever vigilant, ever aware, ever prepared for one's enemies. He also serves those who stand, wait and watch carefully. Careful planning will always defeat rushed actions in the end.

Watchers of Helm can only be of Lawful Neutral, Lawful Good, True Neutral, and Lawful Evil alignments.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Bastard Sword - 'Ever Watchful' once per day

The bastard sword is the spiritual weapon of Watchers of Helm, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The bastard sword is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Glyph of Warding once per day, as third level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 7 can cast Farsight once per day, as fourth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Protection From Normal Weapons once per day, as fifth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast True Seeing once per day, as fifth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Mantle once per day, as seventh level mage spell of the same name

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, astral, combat, divination, guardian, protection, sun, wards

- Minor access to the spheres of creation, elemental, healing, war

- No access to the spheres of animal, charm, chaos, law, necromantic, numbers, plant, summoning, thought, weather

STORMLORD OF TALOS: not playing evil, NA

SILVERSTAR OF SELÛNE: Selûne (pronounced: seh-loon-ay), Our Lady of Silver, is the goddess of the moon, the stars, and those who use them to navigate. Her eternal foe is the evil Shar, goddess of darkness, night, loss, and forgetfulness. Selûne is often called the Moonmaiden for her connection to the silver moon that orbits Faerûn. She is the goddess of the moon and travelers. Selûne's home plane is The Gates of the Moon with her home a shining hall of silver called Argentil.

Non-evil lycanthropes honor Selûne as the master of their fate as do astrologers and fortune tellers. Selûne is also growing popular among alewives, laundresses, seamstresses and servants with the message of female empowerment. She is also worshiped by female spellcasters, navigators and sailors.

Selûne's clerics, called Silverstars of Selûne, are dedicated advocates of freedom and tolerance, wanderers on the path of truth and absolute foes of Shar. They seek to build harmony among lycanthropes and non-shapechangers, and they protect the weak and the oppressed everywhere. They cannot abide slavery, and they hate most undead. They rarely settle in one place for long, instead moving along when seized by wanderlust or enticed by a new cause or mission. They deal with lunar energies and phenomena and are, to a limited degree, able to wield the power of the moon, bringing its fierce, pure white light to Toril to advance the goddess's wishes.

Silverstars of Selûne can only be of Chaotic Good, Neutral Good, and Chaotic Neutral alignments

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Mace - 'Moon's Hand' once per day

The Moon's Hand is the spiritual weapon of Silverstars of Selûne, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The Moon's Mace is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Infravision

- Can cast Moon Shield once per day

Upon casting this spell, the Silverstar receives a resistance to all magic. The resistance conferred is 2% per level of the cleric up to a maximum of 40% at 20th level. This resistance is set so if the target already has more magic resistance than the cleric would confer, it will actually lower it to the set value. This effect will last for the duration of the spell or until dispelled.

- From level 7 can cast Free Action once per day, as fourth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Sunfire once per day, as fifth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast Summon Air Elemental once per day, as sixth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Protection From The Elements once per day, as seventh level mage spell of the same name

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, animal, astral, combat, divination, guardian, healing, necromantic, numbers, summoning, sun, travelers, weather

- Minor access to the spheres of charm, elemental, plant, wards

- No access to the spheres of chaos, creation, law, protection, thought, time, war

NIGHTCLOAK OF SHAR: PC is good aligned, not a good choice for alignment, NA

BATTLEGUARD OF TEMPUS: Tempus is the Realms' god of war, the Lord of Battle, the Foehammer. He is random in his favors, yet his chaotic nature favors all sides equally. He may be on an army's side on one day and against them the next. Such is the nature of war as embodied by Tempus.

The dress of the priest of Tempus is armor, battle-worn and battered. In more civilized regions this has been replaced by a steel skullcap, but the message is the same--these are warrior priests. Their place is in the trenches with the troops, urging them onwards. Priests of Tempus may be found on both sides of a conflict, as none can ever truly know who the war god will favor.

Battleguards of Tempus can only be of Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Good, True Neutral, and Chaotic Evil alignments

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Battleaxe - 'Battle Prowess' once per day

The Battle Prowess battleaxe is the spiritual weapon of Battleguards, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The Battle Prowess is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Can place two proficiency stars in any melee weapon a cleric can use.

- Can go into a Berserker Rage once per day

- From level 7 can cast Holy Power once per day, as fourth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Chaos once per day, as fifth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast Tenser's Transformation once per day, as sixth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Sphere of Chaos once per day, as seventh level mage spell of the same name

- Cannot be proficient in ranged weapons

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of animal, combat, chaos, divination, elemental, necromantic, protection, and war

- Minor access to the spheres of all, guardian, healing, summoning, sun, wards and weather

- No access to the spheres of charm, creation, law, numbers, plant and thought

PAINBEARER OF ILMATER: Ilmater is the Crying God, the god of endurance, suffering, martyrdom, and perseverance. It is he who offers succor and calming words to those who are in pain, oppressed, or in great need. He is the willing sufferer, the one who takes the place of another to heft the other's burden, to take the other's pain. He is the god of the oppressed and unjustly treated. In early days Ilmater's symbol was a blood stained rack, but of late a set of white hands bound by a blood red cord is used. The latter symbol has increased Ilmater's popularity in the world at large. Ilmater dwells in the Twin Paradises.

The followers of Ilmater are often perceived as being intentional sufferers, but in reality they offer a great deal along the "pure clerical" nature of healing and recovery to those who have been hurt. They put others ahead of themselves, are sharing, and emphasize the spiritual nature of life over the gross material body. Ilmater's priests are found where they are needed, which is usually in the worst possible conditions, ministering to the needs of the oppressed, and the poor. They dress simply in gray, with gray skullcaps (blood red for the higher ranks).

Painbearers of Ilmater can only be of Lawful Good, Neutral Good, and Lawful Neutral alignments.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Fist - 'Hand of Ilmater' once per day

The Hand of Ilmater is the spiritual weapon of Painbearers. The Hand of Ilmater does 1d6 base damage and is treated as if the caster is a grand master. The Hand of Ilmater is treated as a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 25 and above. The Hand of Ilmater lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Can Lay On Hands once per day

- From level 7 can cast Neutralize Poison once per day, as fourth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Ilmater's Endurance once per day

The Painbearer draws upon Ilmater to be able to shoulder the burden of trials ahead. For 1 round per level of the Painbearer, the cleric gains +2 to saves, doubles HP, is immune to panic and disease, and will stand firm in the face of any charge or force.

- From level 11 can cast Heal once per day, as sixth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Regeneration once per day, as seventh level cleric spell of the same name

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, charm, creation, guardian, healing, law, necromantic, protection, and travelers

- Minor access to the spheres of combat, elemental, summoning, sun, wards, and weather

- No access to the spheres of animal, astral, chaos, divination, numbers, plant, thought, time, and war

FIREWALKER OF KOSSUTH: Kossuth, Firelord, the Tyrant among Fire, is an Elemental Lord from the Elemental Plane of Fire. He is generally uncaring to his faithful, but continues to grant his priests their powers since their worship increases his power on his home plane. To maintain continued worship he does take a limited interest in his followers' mortal problems, and occasionally makes his presence known with a manifestation, but never an avatar.

Kossuth's church is varied and chaotic since he takes no interest in its structure. As a result it is a collection of cults with each faction coming up with its own ethics, codes, morals, and teachings. Kossuth's symbol varies greatly from faction to faction, but is generally a depiction of fire. It is believed that if Kossuth's following were to somehow become unified he would become a very powerful force in the Realms, something the other gods don't really wish to see happen. Of the four Elemental Lords, the best known and most feared are the cults of Kossuth, who are very powerful in Thay and the lands of the East.

Firewalkers of Kossuth can be of any alignment, but most are evil, reveling in the destructive power of fire. They can be members of any race. They dress in whatever their faction deems appropriate for the representation of their god. This is usually robes and long capes in reds, yellows, and oranges.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Flail - 'Tendril of Flame' once per day

The flail is the spiritual weapon of Firewalkers of Kossuth, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The flail is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Has 2% fire resistance per level.

- From level 7 can cast Fireshield: Red once per day, as the fourth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Sunfire once per day, as the fifth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast Conjure Fire Elemental once per day, as the sixth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Delayed Blast Fireball once per day, as the seventh level mage spell of the same name

Sphere access:

- Major access to all, combat, elemental fire, healing, summoning, and sun

- Minor access to divination, elemental air, elemental earth, protection, and war

- No access to the spheres of animal, astral, charm, chaos, creation, elemental water, guardian, law, necromantic, numbers, plant, time, thought, travel, wards, and weather

AUTHLIM OF IYACHTU XVIM: not playing evil, NA

LOREKEEPER OF OGHMA: Oghma is the god of knowledge and invention, the Binder of What is Known, and the Patron of Bards. He is the most powerful god of knowledge in the Realms (second if you consider magical ability as knowledge, with Mystra at its head). Deneir and Milil both act as intercessors for Oghma, carrying new information both to him and to those whom Oghma favors.

Oghma's followers believe that knowledge is most supreme, particularly in its raw form, the idea. An idea has no weight but can move mountains. It has no height but it can dominate a nation. It has no mass but it can push aside empires. Knowledge is the greatest tool of humankind, outweighing anything made by mortal hands. Before anything can exist, the idea must exist.

Lorekeepers of Oghma can be of any race and alignment.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Longsword - 'Mortal Strike' once per day

The longsword is the spiritual weapon of Lorekeepers of Oghma, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The sword is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Gain a base of 10 lore/level.

- From level 7 can cast Secret Word once per day, as fourth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Oracle once per day, as fifth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast Power Word: Silence once per day, as sixth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Ruby Ray of Reversal once per day, as seventh level mage spell of the same name

Sphere access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, astral, combat, charm, divination, elemental, guardian, healing, protection, summoning, thought and travel

- Minor access to the spheres of animals, creation, necromantic, sun and wards

- No access to the spheres of chaos, law, numbers, plant, time, war and weather

HEARTWARDER OF SUNE: Sune (pronounced: sue-nee) Firehair is said to be the fairest of all the powers. When she is represented, she is shown as the most beautiful woman in the Realms, with sweeping, radiant, red hair and incredible charms. The Sunite faith is a popular one in large metropolitan areas and among the nobility. Those of a literary or artistic bent, as well as people falling in love or looking for lifemates, often venerate the Lady Firehair.

Sune herself is said to be benevolent and sometimes whimsical, alternating between deep passions and shallow flirtations. She has been romantically linked with many of the Faerûnian powers in the myths of the Realms, though she has never shown any love at all for the gods of fury, Talona, or Tempus, since their functions posit the destruction of many beautiful things, both living and inanimate. Currently, she is rumored to have been rather smitten by the noble actions of Torm at Tantras during the Time of Troubles.

Sune's specialty priests, known as Heartwarders of Sune, are aesthetes and hedonists who actively seek out pleasure and beauty in all things, and who nurture the creation of beautiful objects. They are typically found in large cities in the company of the cultural elite. Most are active patrons of the arts, and all play the role of matchmaker for persons in all levels of society. Many are employed as artists, crafters, performers, or instructors, though a few travel the world to promote beauty and love.

Heartwarders of Sune can only be of Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, and Chaotic Neutral alignments.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Flail - 'Shock Flail' once per day

The Shock Flail is the spiritual weapon of Heartwarders of Sune, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The Shock Flail is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- +1 Charisma

- From level 7 can cast Emotion once per day, as fourth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Flamestrike once per day, as fifth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast Mislead once per day, as sixth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Mantle once per day, as seventh level mage spell of the same name

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, astral, charm, creation, divination, guardian, healing, protection, sun, thought, time

- Minor access to the spheres of combat, elemental, necromantic, summoning

- No access to the spheres of animal, chaos, law, numbers, plant, travelers, war, wards, weather

FEYWARDEN OF CORELLON: not playing an elf, NA

STRIFELEADER OF CYRIC: not playing evil, NA

Eg, I once made a Berserker 7/Stormlord of Talos, and that was pretty satisfying.
I don't know how you did that, since the engine can only record a single kit. Maybe it's technically possible, but even if you managed to change yourself to a Stormlord, the game would only consider you previously a fighter.

Also, Level 1 NPCs lets you kit NPCs with mod-added kits, but only (obviously) if it's installed after those mods. Moreover, it has a component to let fighter/clerics used bladed weapons and so on, making AoE (that component of it anyway) rather redundant. I always thought AoE was one big game-unbalancing cheat anyway - L1NPCs at least lets you choose to what extent you want to cheat.

And the more installs I do, the more I'm becoming opposed to ordering mods based on type of mod (item, store, etc.). It makes more sense to order them logically - for example overwriting mods (like Tactics, Ascension) should go before patching mods, unless you're absolutely sure you want the overwrites wiping out any previous changes (in which case, you might not bother with the previous changes). And this is why I keep referring you to the tried and tested mod order threads like erebusant's and BWP (though perhaps even those could stand for more optimisation).

There is (or was) another reason to put SCS after Tweaks. I forget exactly, but it's probably documented in the Tutu order thread (having to do with the Montaron component or something). In any case, both it and L1NPCs should go after Tweaks, though I don't think it matters too much which. I would put L1NPCs after because it's more likely you might want to uninstall and reinstall it to try some different combo.

Just to make sure I understand: Widescreen isn't required to set music order via setupBGT.exe, correct?
setup-gui.exe
!!!

It sounded like you're just pointing out that if I do install Widescreen it should always be installed/run last; otherwise reordering music files via setupBGTsetup-gui and Widescreen have no relation in terms of functioning, right?
Well, if you do it the wrong way, the thing messes your GUI, giving you a beautifully bugged interface.

Archived