trying to meet a number of objectives for a run through the saga

Lemernis

And you also might have to run the setup-gui.exe (it's included in BGT, after it installation) at the end as it sets the music list right as some of the relationship NPC mod have music and thus the list can be overcrowded ending you not able to start the game...

I'm able to start the game okay, so perhaps I can get by without running this. I took a look at setup-gui, but I'm not finding a readme for it in the game folder. I want to know what I'm installing.

Ih-hih-hih- hihh -hii. :devil:
Question about the Kensai class:
Link.

Thanks for the link! I think I'm really going to enjoy this character. My little project here is to see if I can meld his spellcasting with the ethos of the kensai class, namely specialization in one-to-one combat. Hence spells that target an individual.

The first BG1/Tales game I ever played I used a Fighter-Mage PC, but not realizing at the outset that he couldn't cast in armor. I ended up just meleeing with him almost entirely, occasionally using wands or a scroll here and there. At the end of the game I realized I'd have been better off making a pure Fighter. But anyway, I've always wanted to go back and get it right with a Fighter-Mage.

And ... ??? Now, let's just keep this somewhere.

Heh! :) I guess there's a some folks who frequent both the G3 and SHS forums, but presumably not all do. I get replies from different folks at each place. I figured I'd cast a wider net posting at both. With the BG series now a decade old and of interest mainly to a small number of afficianados/modders, I'm sure there's little reason for actual concern about forums being crowded up by too many threads!

I'm able to start the game okay, so perhaps I can get by without running this. I took a look at setup-gui, but I'm not finding a readme for it in the game folder. I want to know what I'm installing.
The thing is a Graphical User Interface, it should tell you enough... and the reason why there is no read me might be that as you install different big mods, the order actually dictates the component order as far as I know, making it hard to produce a single clear Read Me...

I guess there's a some folks who frequent both the G3 and SHS forums, but presumably not all do.
Just for curiosity, do you have a somewhat samekind of thread in anywhere else? As if you brains can handle it, it's all fine, though somewhat confusing at times, and the forums do discouraged to post cross forum threads... for their bad influences.

Yeah, I posted a similar thread at PBG. None of the regulars there posts at either G3 or SHS. I usually just post here or at PBG.

SHS I'm only posting at now because they're the experts on BGT. I did get several replies from folks at SHS that I probably would not have gotten here.

Honestly, with the game as old as it is, and so few people now still playing it, if I were managing a site such as this I would absolutely encourage participation as much as possible. Going back to the Team BG days I've found that there seems to be a culture of modders being somewhat hardassed. But in the current times, a kinder, gentler PR approach would be adviseable. Just me own humble opinion. (Even if I do get smacked with a trout for it. :) )

The thing is a Graphical User Interface, it should tell you enough... and the reason why there is no read me might be that as you install different big mods, the order actually dictates the component order as far as I know, making it hard to produce a single clear Read Me...

Okay, looks like it's just three different types of artwork available for the same interafce, at least that's my assumption. I figured when I first fired it up that there would be a list of components to install, so I backed off. But after selecting one of the three the program ended.

The GUI looks nice. And I've always liked that picture of Elminster carrying the staff (here it nicely echoes his 'Ho Wanderer' encounter).

Archived