Core Fix affects Azuredge +4 (item upgrade mod)

Guest John

Each time anyone in my group equips Azuredge +4 (from the Item Upgrade mod), she/he suffers damage. No damage occurs once Azuredge is equipped and used against enemies, only when it is equipped or the ability is changed from melee to thrown or thrown to melee.

I narrowed it down specifically to the Core Fix component.

My WeiDu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades

I do not recall seeing this type of problem in the previous version of the Fixpack.

I am, of course, using SoA, ToB and the latest patch.

John

Guest Guest

I experienced the same thing. Also, after upgrading a few items, Cromwell's dialog will go right to hell.

Equipping and unequipping Azuredge would cause a bit of damage.

Obsolete versions of Item Upgrade did shred Cromwell's dialogue - you may wish to double check that you're using CamDawg's latest recode.

Azuredge +4 is a casualty of the Mace of Disruption fixes, which we'll be doing differently in the next release :D

Obsolete versions of Item Upgrade did shred Cromwell's dialogue - you may wish to double check that you're using CamDawg's latest recode.

Azuredge +4 is a casualty of the Mace of Disruption fixes, which we'll be doing differently in the next release :D

Nythrun, glad you're back.

In your comments about CamDawg's recode, does that mean that there's a new item upgrade version out there (the one I've got is ver 34). I do not have the dialog problem that the other poster mentioned. The version I'm using seems to be stable and has not given any problems.

Is there any quick fix in order to use Azuredge +4 in a game before the next release of the Fixpack?

ATM, I'm doing a ctrl+r in some cases and have been tempted to supply the wielder with an "unlimited" supply of the basic healing potions. It seems like that damage was around 4-8 HP each time I equipped it or changed between thrown and melee, so that could be a reasonable workaround for the short term. In another game, I don't upgrade it but miss the level drain immunity it provides.

Is the damage of a particular type such that a scroll of protection from that type of damage or perhaps potion or spell could be used?

Thanks,

John

Is there any quick fix in order to use Azuredge +4 in a game before the next release of the Fixpack?

I can get you a different version of the file, sure. In order to keep the description text, though, you'd have to overwrite the Azuredge +4 in the Item Upgrade folder and reinstall it - is that ok?

Guest John

I can get you a different version of the file, sure. In order to keep the description text, though, you'd have to overwrite the Azuredge +4 in the Item Upgrade folder and reinstall it - is that ok?

Sure. :D If it's not a really big file and isn't a problem for you, email is fine - dmail2007 at swbell dot net.

So, I drop it into the Item Upgrade folder (C2) replacing the existing file and then reinstall the Item Upgrade mod.

When the next release of Fixpack is out and I re-install it, will I need to do anything else to the Item Upgrades mod as well? Fixpack is the very first mod that I install, and Item Upgrades follows a few mods behind it in my mod isntall sequence.

Thanks,

John

Archived