Prevent party members dying..

If I am playing on normal difficulty my characters should never get chunked right?

Could there be a conflict with original game rules because I installed the 'prevent party members from dying' component? I assume the component is aimed at Hard difficulty levels, but since I am playing on normal I should never lose party members according to the ingame text but I am in ToB fire giant temple and the dragon keeps burning my guys to crisps

If I am playing on normal difficulty my characters should never get chunked right?

Could there be a conflict with original game rules because I installed the 'prevent party members from dying' component? I assume the component is aimed at Hard difficulty levels, but since I am playing on normal I should never lose party members according to the ingame text but I am in ToB fire giant temple and the dragon keeps burning my guys to crisps

If you play on "core rules" or up ("core", "hard", "insane") you're vulnerable to chunking. If you play on "normal" (max hp, monsters do 3/4 damage, learn spells automatically) or easier, then you're immune to chunking.

My component tries to make you immune to chunking on any setting, but I don't know a perfect way to do this ("reduced chunking" might be a better name). I doubt that it can interfere with the easier game settings, but I could be wrong (I'm in any case at a loss as to why you've got it installed if you're playing on Normal; you might as well uninstall it, just in case).

i installed the component but my guys still keeps getting chunked by dragons.... its really frustrating.

As noted, it does what it says: attempt to reduce chunking. It's not perfect.

Having said that, in my playtesting it's pretty effective at stopping chunking due to melee damage, less so at stopping chunking due to fire or other elemental damage. If you're experiencing the former, something may be broken. (Possibilities: you've installed without starting a new game; you've used the CTRL-R cheat.)

Archived