Flirt Problem

Guest Geena

Guest Geena

Hi! I have to say, good mod so far! But I'm having a problem with the flirts. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but whenever I click "flirt with bishop" or any of the submenu options, each time he responds, the dialogue remains for a ridiculously long time (the daydream about bishop option caused the dialogue to display for a full five minutes, i kid you not, when it took about 1 to read it) and they are impossible to click through. Other dialogue in the game, including that added by the romance, can be clicked through, but for some reason his flirt dialogue can't. Help?

Hi, I have added the delays to all flirts, because otherwise they were 'flashing' past the player. To be honest your complaint came as a surprise, everyone else always tells me how they are too fast! The delays are 5 to 12 sec in length. I am not sure why you are experiencing a significantly longer slow-down. I am kind of wondering if it's because RandomNum? Could you time a specific flirt for me? Otherwise, I guess I will have to go with the silent wavs, it's a lot of redoing things though :D

I think it's the random function, because sometimes, it would be quick, other times, it would take several minutes for the next line to appear. Silent WAVs might be the way to go, if the game is running the delay before moving on to the next line.

Guest Geena

Yeah, I thought it might be something like that. Perhaps it's something with my game or computer. A bug, perhaps? The only other change I have made to my game is altering some speed settings in the nwn2player.ini to make the camera move slower, but I doubt that would affect dialogue.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't ask you to change anything on my account, unless it's not working for other people, too, because it could be a problem unique to me. Most of the pauses aren't too bad. They're around a minute for the one-line flirts, but that isn't awful. The worst one was the daydreaming, which took five minutes (timed it again and that's still the case.)

Anyway, thanks for your reply! If you can think of anything I could do, that would be appreciated, but since none of the other dialogues or cutscenes have that problem, I will enjoy playing your mod anyway.

I am doing silent wavs for the flirtpacks. So, once we start merging the FP and BR, we can address the issue, ie change the delays to the silent WAVs. Basically we just need to make custom named silent wavs that are not connected to the lip-flappers, so the characters don't look fishy. :D

Archived